+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Few Simple Observations.

1. There are too many complacent players on the Giants tonight (C Webster and V Cruz).

2. Our lack of quality OL WILL catch up to us this year... already has tonight.

3. M Bennett will be a stud TE for us this year.

3. The refs are killing us tonight (no excuse).

4. Dallas has figured out that blitzing is not the way to beat Eli (not that they have to anymore - they're getting there with 4).

5. The Giants may lead the league in dropped passes again.

6. The cutback run is killing our D - need more discipline from LBs.

I'm hoping another hero steps up this year and carries the team like Eli did last year.

i did not understand the lack of significant moves to boost the O Line this past summer.

pretty much nothing was done.

the war is fought in the trenches and the Boys definitely have a chip on their shoulder this game and it shows

then there's the KEY losses due to injury

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran
    I agree with our o-line, it is a horrible weak spot. Other than the non-holding call during the TD attempt I've no issues with the reffing. Lack of depth on the D-line is going to be an issue. How is it that after 3 quarters their jumbled o-line looks great and our D looks like garbage.

I've got a theory on why no "high profile" OL drafted. Because it is one of the hardest positions to draft. You see so many highly drafted OL wash out of the lleague after two years. Robert Gallery. The Rams just traded their "stud" LT to NYJ for that horrible OT that had so many problems against us in the pre season (Wayne Hunter). I believe that our GM is extremely conservative and doesn't want to tarnish his reputation. I'm not going to argue with it, because it's brought us two recent Super Bowls, but one could argue that Ernie Accorsi put together the first one (BY MAKING THE BIGGEST REACH IN NYG HISTORY FOR ELI) and the second one was a super-human effort by the QB. The next couple of years will tell the story.

Veteran
    The quick slant is killing us too.

Our CB's aren't jamming the WR's at the line.

Agree completely on the slant... that's also on the LBs.

Quote Originally Posted by giantfan1976 View Post
    I've got a theory on why no "high profile" OL drafted. Because it is one of the hardest positions to draft. You see so many highly drafted OL wash out of the lleague after two years. Robert Gallery. The Rams just traded their "stud" LT to NYJ for that horrible OT that had so many problems against us in the pre season (Wayne Hunter). I believe that our GM is extremely conservative and doesn't want to tarnish his reputation. I'm not going to argue with it, because it's brought us two recent Super Bowls, but one could argue that Ernie Accorsi put together the first one (BY MAKING THE BIGGEST REACH IN NYG HISTORY FOR ELI) and the second one was a super-human effort by the QB. The next couple of years will tell the story.
    good argument but surely there was someone there in the 3rd or 4th ?

at this rate we'll have to see max-protect for the majority of time... and that might help, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Evo'Ed View Post
    The quick slant is killing us too.

Our CB's aren't jamming the WR's at the line.
    true talk

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by gfd_2 View Post
    I agree with our o-line, it is a horrible weak spot. Other than the non-holding call during the TD attempt I've no issues with the reffing. Lack of depth on the D-line is going to be an issue. How is it that after 3 quarters their jumbled o-line looks great and our D looks like garbage.
    To answer your last question, the d has been on the field a lot and is worn down. Oline can't block at all.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

How bout the cowboys just played better

That's three on Cruz. Keep partying young man.