+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS' KENNY PHILLIPS RETURNS TO PRACTICE AND OTHER INJURY NEWS

GIANTS' KENNY PHILLIPS RETURNS TO PRACTICE

"UPDATED WITH INJURY NEWS FROM PRACTICE

With all of the miscommunication issues since Kenny Phillips went down, it’s
    a good sign for the Giants they’re
    getting their starting safety back today.

Phillips, who missed Sunday’s game against the Cowboys with a sprained knee
    suffered a week prior, returned to practice today. He was fully participating
    and that's a good sign for him to play against Washington on Sunday.

Since Phillips went down against the Packers, the Giants gave up two
    touchdowns on apparent miscommunications between Antrel Rolle and Corey Webster
    – one against Green Bay and another against Dallas on a 50-yard touchdown to Dez
    Bryant. It’s unclear if either would’ve occurred had Phillips been on the field
    to communicate the adjustment to Webster, who didn’t sink deep enough on the
    Packers’ Donald Driver and, according
    to Rolle
    , should’ve been deep on Bryant.

Other injury news:

--DE Justin Tuck (toe) wasn't practicing. He was a late arrival to the
    session and took to a stationary bike on the sideline, "but I’m hoping he’ll get
    going (soon),” Tom Coughlin said.

--DE Osi Umenyiora (ankle/knee) wasn't seen during the portion of practice
    open to the media and continues to seem like a long shot to play on Sunday.

--C David Baas’ mysterious neck ailment will remain just that for now.
    Coughlin didn’t shed any light on Baas’ issue but said he hoped the fact the
    headaches aren’t listed on the injury report anymore is a good sign. “I think
    he’s making progress, I do,” Coughlin said. Asked if the Giants would keep Baas
    on the sideline when he’s healthy so as not to disrupt what the offensive line
    has done in his absence, Coughlin said, “What we want to do is let’s get them
    all back so we can (practice). He hasn’t practiced in a couple of weeks. We need
    to get him back on the practice field and back in the groove and then we’ll make
    those kinds of calls.”

Today, Baas stretched with the team and then went outside where he ran some
    sprints and did some light drills, an encouraging sign going forward for the
    Giants and their major free agent signing.

--RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) wasn't practice today, but that is expected. If he
    doesn't practice on Friday then that will be when we know something is really
    wrong. He was throwing passes to the other running backs during a drill, so
    there's that.

--TE Travis Beckum (chest) wasn't practicing and on Monday Coughlin said
    he'll most likely have to play through pain.

--LB Michael Boley (hamstring) wasn't practicing, but he's been getting the
    same treatment Bradshaw has: practice on Friday, play on Sunday.

--CB Derrick Martin (back) also wasn't practicing.

--LB Spencer Paysinger (hamstring) missed Sunday night's game, but he was
    back at practice today.

--LB Mark Herzlich (ankle) has missed the last couple games and wasn't
    practicing."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

Re: GIANTS' KENNY PHILLIPS RETURNS TO PRACTICE AND OTHER INJURY NEWS

thanks as always for these updates

be nice to get K-Phil back ... it would allow Rolle and Grant to play their preferred, familiar roles

[quote user="G-Man67"]thanks as always for these updates

be nice to get K-Phil back ... it would allow Rolle and Grant to play their preferred, familiar roles[/quote]

and what would those roles be??....

Idont htink they even know at this point....

Iam kind of joking but at the same time I am not.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Did anyone else feel disappointed when you saw that Baas is on his way back? I just have this feeling that TC will put him back in there, regardless of how much the OL has improved since he's been out . . . . .

Beckum is missing practice because of a bruised chest? TC has now said twice that he'll have to pay through the pain -- that tells me that TC is annoyed that the guy is missing time because of this injury.

be nice to get K-Phil back ... it would allow Rolle and Grant to play their preferred, familiar roles[/quote]

For me, Grant's "preferred role" would be stocking shelves at Walmart . . . .

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="G-Man67"]thanks as always for these updates

For me, Grant's "preferred role" would be stocking shelves at Walmart . . .* .

[/quote]

yeah, he's old for a safety, but when we do play 3 safetys and he can play more like a LB, he can contribute, but not when he is deep downfield in coverage

[Y]

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Did anyone else feel disappointed when you saw that Baas is on his way back? I just have this feeling that TC will put him back in there, regardless of how much the OL has improved since he's been out . . . . .

Beckum is missing practice because of a bruised chest? TC has now said twice that he'll have to pay through the pain -- that tells me that TC is annoyed that the guy is missing time because of this injury.

[/quote]

TC seems to question Beckum's injuries. There must be a reason.

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="G-Man67"]thanks as always for these updates

For me, Grant's "preferred role" would be stocking shelves at Walmart . . . .

[/quote]

yeah, he's old for a safety, but when we do play 3 safetys and he can play more like a LB, he can contribute, but not when he is deep downfield in coverage[/quote]

This^

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

That depends on what happens. If he replaced Boothe and Petrus stays at LG that's one thing. But if he replaced Boothe and Boothe slides to LG, not my preference. I'd REALLY prefer Boothe and Petrus stay where they are EXCEPT I am afraid there is going to be a ban snap that Eli can't field and we will lose the ball.

Boothe is a much better run blocker than Baas.