+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We needed OL help more than we needed Wilson

First off, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUMBLE.

Basically, we had a home run hitter in Scott already. He had a great blocking RB in Ware. We had a young up and coming player in Brown. Bradshaw is our starter and that isn't going to change.

I get the whole "draft talent in the first round, not need" but our need was immense. This is a BAD offensive line. Worse than last year by a lot.

This OL has been spiraling down since EA left. Eli covers up for a lot but you can't fake the running game.

yup our offensive line looks like garbage and its not like theres young talent waiting to take over

We've got what we've got...now we've gotta figure out what we can do with it and hope that maybe some Free Agent is out there that can help

how could Reese leave it like this? Unnaceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    First off, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUMBLE.

Basically, we had a home run hitter in Scott already. He had a great blocking RB in Ware. We had a young up and coming player in Brown. Bradshaw is our starter and that isn't going to change.

I get the whole "draft talent in the first round, not need" but our need was immense. This is a BAD offensive line. Worse than last year by a lot.
    I actually liked the pick of Wilson. I still don't get why our team sparingly uses the players that they draft early only when they don't have a choice. Even Nicks in his rookie year rode pine until it became clear that our receiving corps stunk at the time.

Our oline is what it is. It is just a drawback that we just have to outweigh with the other things that we do good

I see what you are saying OP. From what little we've seen of Wilson's running ability this preseason, it's obvious why the management selected him in the draft but now there's just that much more pressure to find good offensive linemen in the 2013 draft now.

This IMO is too the area of most concern . Do I feel like they can be or get better ? Of course but even if they do we still are thin depth wise and very inconsistent. They have to man up and deliver, there's no other way around, plain and simple.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I actually liked the pick of Wilson. I still don't get why our team sparingly uses the players that they draft early only when they don't have a choice. Even Nicks in his rookie year rode pine until it became clear that our receiving corps stunk at the time.
    fumbles. He would have played more otherwise. Coughlin said as much in post game