+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    The sky is absolutely, 100% falling this time!!

    c'mon gang. How many times have we seen this movie before? Next week we will lose again.... then rip off 4 straight... then collapse a bit ... then exact our revenge on all the other teams by beating them in the playoffs and/or Superbowl.

    Nothing to get upset over!

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna kick back and look forward to the next game.... like a sane fan. =)

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,820
    thank you, the loss hurts but it mostly due to injuries at cb. prince needs a pair.

  3. #3
    This isnt a dominate team. They have to play well to win divisional games. I wouldnt be shocked if they missed the playoffs

  4. #4
    Veteran SackingMyths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilltown (JC)
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    This isnt a dominate team. They have to play well to win divisional games. I wouldnt be shocked if they missed the playoffs
    Wouldn't be shocked if they made/missed the playoffs

  5. #5
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,089
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
    c'mon gang. How many times have we seen this movie before? Next week we will lose again.... then rip off 4 straight... then collapse a bit ... then exact our revenge on all the other teams by beating them in the playoffs and/or Superbowl.

    Nothing to get upset over!

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna kick back and look forward to the next game.... like a sane fan. =)
    I agree. SBs are not won in SEPT. lol
    I seem to remember starting out 0-2 in 07 with a loss to these same Dallas Cowboys 45-38 and followd that up with a stinker vs GB in a 35-13 blowout. then we go down to washington and promptly fall behind 17-0 at halftime. Thats 97 points scored on the D in 2.5games. Man we must have STUNK that season huh... lol

    Went on to become the only team in NFL History to defeat an 18-0 team in a SB....
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  6. #6
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,089
    I also seem to remember a team that started 6-2 last season only to lose the next 5 of 6 and look bad doing it. Lots of injured guys. What do they do.... turn it on and win next 6 against some of the toughest competion the NFL had to offer on the way to another SB Title.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I also seem to remember a team that started 6-2 last season only to lose the next 5 of 6 and look bad doing it. Lots of injured guys. What do they do.... turn it on and win next 6 against some of the toughest competion the NFL had to offer on the way to another SB Title.
    The problem is, we can't beat our division rivals at all now. Philly and Washington schooled us with inferior QBs last year (VY of all people), and now Dallas, our lone bright spot in the matchups, is no longer the case. How do you get to the playoffs if you can't beat your division? That end run involved beating Dallas twice, and that is no longer an option.

  8. #8
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The problem is, we can't beat our division rivals at all now. Philly and Washington schooled us with inferior QBs last year (VY of all people), and now Dallas, our lone bright spot in the matchups, is no longer the case. How do you get to the playoffs if you can't beat your division? That end run involved beating Dallas twice, and that is no longer an option.
    The good thing about this loss is its early in the year with plenty of time to fix problems. REmember SBs are not won in Sept.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  9. #9
    no .....the sky is not falling ; but losing to dallas burns like acid rain.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    The good thing about this loss is its early in the year with plenty of time to fix problems. REmember SBs are not won in Sept.
    But you can't make it to the SB if you can't make it to the playoffs. How in the hell are we supposed to beat Philly twice?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts