+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    welcome back Casvdry!!!

(clenched teeth) good win, life moves on for us though.

still think if some of the non-calls were called we would have caught fire, but as the game dragged on my Team seemd increasingly deflated...

them's the breaks though

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

We have to remember SBs are not won in sept. in both of the last two SB seasons we lost out opening game to NFCE teams. Dallas 45-38 in 07 and I think 16-7 to skins last year.

Also if you remember we followed up the bad loss to Dallas in 07 with an even worse showing in the 2nd game getting destroyed by GB 35-13. Then fell behind in 3rd game 17-0 to skins in third game. Had lots of people hurt that yr to.

Last season more then half way in we go out and lose 5/6 games and look bad doing it. We then somehow turn it around and win final six beating some of the toughtest teams in the NFL..
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by casvdry View Post

Was a good game, needless to say, both teams weren't at their very best. Giants dealing with spare parts in the secondary, us dealing with a shuffled OL, penalties, injured TE.

I've got a serious headache from that game. I thought for sure we were going to wet the bed at the end.
    That dog is BAD ***? Can he/she play the slot by chance? I'm kidding! Cruz will bounce back, I'm sure he's kicking himself harder than any of us are.... or at least he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Didn't the Giants just give him a big contract this offseason?
    No that was Osi, another player who failed to appear...

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    We have to remember SBs are not won in sept. in both of the last two SB seasons we lost out opening game to NFCE teams. Dallas 45-38 in 07 and I think 16-7 to skins last year.

Also if you remember we followed up the bad loss to Dallas in 07 with an even worse showing in the 2nd game getting destroyed by GB 35-13. Then fell behind in 3rd game 17-0 to skins in third game. Had lots of people hurt that yr to.

Last season more then half way in we go out and lose 5/6 games and look bad doing it. We then somehow turn it around and win final six beating some of the toughtest teams in the NFL..

Giants lost last yr's opener 28-14. Maybe we are better off starting 5-3 or 4-4 & then finishing strong with a 6-2 2nd half. Every yr under TC we have started at least 5-3 or 6-2 & then struggle in the 2nd half. We played like ***** & only lost by 7. G-men will fix their problems & laugh last at all the haters out there.

Believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    No that was Osi, another player who failed to appear...
    Tyron Smith struggled with the combo of strength and power of JPP. He was off balance most of the game when trying to lock up the 3rd year DE.

However when Osi was in, it was a piece of cake for Smith.-- at least on the plays that I noticed. Osi just doesn't have the power to muscle through him and Smith's quickness and footwork negated Osi's speed around the edge.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Tyron Smith struggled with the combo of strength and power of JPP. He was off balance most of the game when trying to lock up the 3rd year DE.

However when Osi was in, it was a piece of cake for Smith.-- at least on the plays that I noticed. Osi just doesn't have the power to muscle through him and Smith's quickness and footwork negated Osi's speed around the edge.
    Because Osi isn't nearly as fast as JPP. Smith can't handle JPP that well, but once he got his hands on JPP, it was all Smith from there.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMillah View Post
    Because Osi isn't nearly as fast as JPP. Smith can't handle JPP that well, but once he got his hands on JPP, it was all Smith from there.
    They're about the same in quickness, but JPP is stronger-- in fact he's probably one of the most naturally strong players in the NFL. (lb for lb of course).

There were a couple of times when Smith was driven back by JPP, and there were a couple of times Smith stood him up as well after the young LT got accustomed to his strength. But still it seemed like Smith was anxious to get his hands on JPP because of the threat of his bull rush, only to have JPP go around him.

Banned
    Our d-line did not look good. Granted, your o-line has improved but they still have issues. However, my concern is with our o-line. Our O-line is horrible. DeMarcus Ware blew by David Diehl. DD was not even a speed bump in that match up.

Our O-line has been bad for awhile but with the strength of schedule as well as other teams coming after up real hard this season, something needs to be done to fortify our O-line or this is going to be a long painful season.