+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants SMACKDOWN!!!

Giants SMACKDOWN!!!

Romo and the Boys put the hurt on this overrated bunch.

Bench Player
    Don't see how the defending Super Bowl champs can be overrated. They've got some problems to deal with just like we do. It's still a very long season.

Quote Originally Posted by Manster54 View Post
    Don't see how the defending Super Bowl champs can be overrated. They've got some problems to deal with just like we do. It's still a very long season.
    Exactly. We'll see them again. They get props for winning tonight and being the better team. 15 games to go

Don't feed the troll.

Also superbowl champions.
    Previously NYGiants141

Since December 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Americas Team View Post
    Romo and the Boys put the hurt on this overrated bunch.
    Actually check back with us late in season when the games count for something. We don't sweat the small stuff. We are a team that can give up 97 points in 2.5 games to start the season in 07 (45 of them to you guys in opener, lol) have a rash of injuries and problems and still go on to become the only team in history to defeat an 18-0 team in a SB.

We are a team that lost 5/6 last season to go from 6-2 to 7-7.. Had even more injuries. So what do they do? Go out and win 6 in a row against some of the best teams in the NFL and win another SB Title. Not worried. Giants have a knack for looking horrible and rather making people hate them in the end
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    Smackdown? Dallas won and I give them credit, but this was far from a smackdown, more like a sloppy game from both teams who showed just how rusty they are.

On the bright side, 2007 and 2011 both began with opening losses, 2007 to the Cowboys.

Bench Player
    Not here to talk smack so I hope I'm in the right forum. I'm actually watching the game again although I'm getting interrupted a lot. Hard to tell a great deal from TV anyway although some info.

Thought Romo was sharper than normal and Eli had a little off night and that was the biggest difference. Some dropped passes by the Giants and a couple missed throws by Eli that really hurt. Both DL played well. Both OL played average although I thought the Boys OL played better as the game wore on. The lack of a good running game hurt NY. I know you guys have some problems in the secondary and I thought that was a big factor as well. I don't know the Giants well enough to know if that's going to get better as I don't know who's expected to return. Both teams have had some problems at LB and I thought both teams played well there.

The next game will be interesting.

It's cowboy fans like this clown that give us a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by jobberone View Post
    Not here to talk smack so I hope I'm in the right forum. I'm actually watching the game again although I'm getting interrupted a lot. Hard to tell a great deal from TV anyway although some info.

Thought Romo was sharper than normal and Eli had a little off night and that was the biggest difference. Some dropped passes by the Giants and a couple missed throws by Eli that really hurt. Both DL played well. Both OL played average although I thought the Boys OL played better as the game wore on. The lack of a good running game hurt NY. I know you guys have some problems in the secondary and I thought that was a big factor as well. I don't know the Giants well enough to know if that's going to get better as I don't know who's expected to return. Both teams have had some problems at LB and I thought both teams played well there.

The next game will be interesting.
    Pretty fair assessment, this

+ Reply to Thread