+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Romo played elite tonight

I know I will probably get a lot of flaming for this but I'm surprised no one has talked about how well Romo played tonight coming into Metlife and handling the pressure on his shoulders, avoiding sacks, changing the play, exploiting the secondary, etc. Aside from the INT he played lights out.

Yes, we did not play well and Eli played just as good as Romo, but I truly believe the combo of our bad O-Line play, and inability to stop the run/short pass, along with Romo's elite play was just a formula for a loss.

It's okay. We'll figure this out.

Missed tackles and justin tryon. That is all really.
    Previously NYGiants141

Since December 2008.

The drops by our receivers were the difference

we lost ... our back up are pain money to play ... we will get healthy ... hopefully soone rather than later ... but to crown Romo as lights out is a bit much .... he was good but not great ... his good play combines with our lack there of ,,,

All-Pro
    He played good, but come on. He torched for the most part a back up to the back up CB and then his back up.

I'm just saying....the dude made a lot of good adjustments at the line of scrimmage to exploit the secondary. Avoided A LOT of pressure too. We have to gameplan for that, especially with Vick and RG3 in the division. Need more containment

Missed tackles & drop passes... not to mention Romo burning a back up of a back up!

....Hopefully the Giants bounce back.... If not, it'll be a long season!

No beef againts that statement BUT it's just one regular season game . Kudos to Romo and his team but he has a whole season to prove it Week to week .

Veteran
    Do you know why he played well tonight?...It wasn't a high pressure game. Think about it...it's week 1..if you win your 1-0 if you lose your 0-1...is that going to make or break your season? No..of course not. Last season we beat them because those games meant something and we're "High Pressure games" and that's where Romo fails. If that's when we turn the heat on and outplay everyone then I'm fine with that. I easily see them losing to Seattle next week.

I will admit he was good, but it took a real dismal, lackluster effort by the Giants, an injury to the secondary, and a few big plays (Demarco Murray's ridiculous run & Austin's catch) on their end to help them win. Don't forget that he threw that int to Boley which was almost a pick 6.