+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petrus/Boothe

Petrus/Boothe

These two guys have been such a surprise to our oline. But given the snapping issues Boothe has had why haven't we had Petrus at center and Boothe at LG? That looks like a better combo in terms of run blocking and pass protection as well to me.

Re: Petrus/Boothe

[quote user="giantsfan39"]These two guys have been such a surprise to our oline. But given the snapping issues Boothe has had* why haven't we had Petrus at center and Boothe at LG? That looks like a better combo in terms of run blocking and pass protection as well to me.
    [/quote]

That snap issue makes me as apprehensive as when we had Dodge Punting for us always wondering if he was going to fumble the ball. Hope they really put some work in on the snap issue. Noticed ELI over the centre more often then usual against the cow girls.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

[quote user="giantsfan39"]These two guys have been such a surprise to our oline. But given the snapping issues Boothe has had why haven't we had Petrus at center and Boothe at LG? That looks like a better combo in terms of run blocking and pass protection as well to me.
    [/quote]

Is there a reason to believe Petrus would be a better snapper?

[quote user="G4L"]

[quote user="giantsfan39"]These two guys have been such a surprise to our oline. But given the snapping issues Boothe has had why haven't we had Petrus at center and Boothe at LG? That looks like a better combo in terms of run blocking and pass protection as well to me.
    [/quote]

Is there a reason to believe Petrus would be a better snapper?

[/quote]

With the energy Petrus displays, Eli would have to play in front of a back stop [:S]
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran

Its hard watching Petrus and not thinking of a young Richie Seubert.

Boothe is still a good center. I am just scared the snapping will screw us over at the worst moment.

It almost did had Ware not jumped offsides last week.

[quote user="giantsfan39"]Boothe is still a good center. I am just scared the snapping will screw us over at the worst moment.

It almost did had Ware not jumped offsides last week.[/quote]

I definitely agree with you there. I just don't know that Petrus would be a better option. At least Boothe is a guard with a couple more years NFL experience. Hopefully getting another week of first team reps at center will makea difference for Boothe. I'd still rather take my chances with Boothe than put Baas back in, though. HeardBaas was participating in practice this week.

[quote user="G4L"]

[quote user="giantsfan39"]Boothe is still a good center. I am just scared the snapping will screw us over at the worst moment.

It almost did had Ware not jumped offsides last week.[/quote]

I definitely agree with you there. I just don't know that Petrus would be a better option. At least Boothe is a guard with a couple more years NFL experience. Hopefully getting another week of first team reps at center will makea difference for Boothe. I'd still rather take my chances with Boothe than put Baas back in, though. HeardBaas was participating in practice this week.

[/quote]

Baas is slightly better in pass protection but I would take Boothe's way better run blocking over that anyways.

But it is Coughlin. he will mess around with the lineup.

The pressure is mostly McKenzie and Diehl's fault. At this point I would like to see Brewer at RT.

Our line going into the next season should be Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Brewer imo.

"Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Brewer "

Agree that Mckenzie and Diehl have to be replaced. It's too early to tell with Boothe and Petrus. Hopefully we sign a quality free agent OL and take one early in the draft since Brewer is an unknown.

I agree with taking a OL in the draft and finding one in free agency.

RT could easily be upgraded in free agency and there are good guards to be found in the second.