+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will I ever get to live my dream?

It seems like every season it's always blowing off games and havnig to fight to the bitter end. In one way it's exciting, but on the other hand, it can't be good for my health if this happens year in and year out. I just want one season before I die, where the Giants just blow out everyone, get #1 seed, and take it all the way for the Lombardi, with the entire media bowing at their greatness.

I'm not about to jump ship by any means. I'll be a Giants fan to the end even if it means dying of a heart attack at age 32 while watching a game. I just want to enjoy being a Giants fan for once. 2008 seemed like it would be that year before the shooting.

Why can't we have good things?

I feel ya man. Try to actually calm yourself down if the games are becoming a nail biter. I used to get nervous but not anymore. I just think of Superbowl XLII and XLVI. No matter what.

But it would be sweet to have a 14-16 win season and beat our opponent in the Superbowl by 4 TD's. Ain't going to happen though. Too difficult in today's NFL.

Honestly, being a Giant fan is the only reason I'm alive today. I went through a really nasty stretch in my personal life through most of 2011 into about April 2012. I had actually contemplated suicide, but what stopped me was the fact that the gmen had just won the super bowl. It was literally all I could live for at that point in my life. Now I just started a new job, so at least my personal life is in order, but I can never forget how this team, and my being a fan of it, has benefitted me for the better. Seeing the team in ruins like this... it's almost enough to undo everything that has made me feel any semblance of happiness in my life over the past 2 years...

I quite enjoy the emotional ride that being a fan of this franchise provides.

It is hard, I feel ya. At one point tonight, I thought my ticker was going to give out (42 yrs old now). That is what we work and live for right, football? It has been bad for awhile for me, but it is still a passion that I look forward too, win or lose.

Toadofsteel, I am glad you have found the right track and stay on it. Don't let one game get you down, next week is around the corner. If yas don't win the SB again this season, there is always the next year and so on. It is a roller coaster ride but eventually it will be worth it again. I have been telling myself that for well over a decade now, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by tabascocat View Post
    It is hard, I feel ya. At one point tonight, I thought my ticker was going to give out (42 yrs old now). That is what we work and live for right, football? It has been bad for awhile for me, but it is still a passion that I look forward too, win or lose.

Toadofsteel, I am glad you have found the right track and stay on it. Don't let one game get you down, next week is around the corner. If yas don't win the SB again this season, there is always the next year and so on. It is a roller coaster ride but eventually it will be worth it again. I have been telling myself that for well over a decade now, heh.
    Thanks for the support. Yeah I wasn't going into the season expecting a repeat (that in and of itself is damn near impossible in the modern NFL), but to play like such crap against Dallas is tough. You guys executed better than we did, and I can give you props for that. Doesn't make me feel any less terrible though... it's one thing to lose by one score and still play well (like the Giants did against Green Bay last year), it's a whole different story when your team doesn't even play up to what it should be able to. The only solace I have is that we pulled this exact same stunt on the Redskins last year (on the 9/11 anniversary no less), and in the end it still turned out okay...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 09-06-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Veteran
    I had a similar situation to the OP. The Giants super bowl run was the only happiness I felt for a long time.

One thing I have learned though, this current Giants team is very talented but Coughlin likes to do everything the hard way. He's old school and doesn't care about a perfect record and stubbornly keeps running the ball when it hasn't worked once (like what happened last night).
    Last edited by GFiP; 09-06-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
    I had a similar situation to the OP. The Giants super bowl run was the only happiness I felt for a long time.

One thing I have learned though, this current Giants team is very talented but Coughlin likes to do everything the hard way. He's old school and doesn't care about a perfect record and stubbornly keeps running ball when it hasn't worked once (like what happened last night).
    Yeah I had more than my share of venting on that... I don't care about a perfect record either but I want to at least see a team that can play the game. Losing to Green Bay was comparatively easy to take last year because we still played the very best we could, and it paid off in the rematch...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Yeah I had more than my share of venting on that... I don't care about a perfect record either but I want to at least see a team that can play the game. Losing to Green Bay was comparatively easy to take last year because we still played the very best we could, and it paid off in the rematch...
    I felt like the team started out with great energy, then it all went away after Wilson's fumble and the no-call that stopped a TD. I don't think the defense made a single stop after that.

To me, this team is way too talented to play that poorly. They are professionals and need to get over the bad plays. I mostly blame Coughlin because it's his job to keep the players motivated and focus.

I'm with yall. Tonight I feel so empty and sad. I know better times are coming, but right now that means little.