+ Reply to Thread

Should we take a page from the Cowboys book?

Should we go and spend some money on a secondary.

Corey Webster- Fine
    T2- On IR for the second year in a row
    Prince- Hurt, Injury prone
    Hosley-Rookie, coming off an injury
    Michael Coe- Injured for who knows how long
    Justin Tryon- Shouldn't be starting, can play when we need multiple CB on the field

So what do y'all think of spending money on some Cornerbacks? You saw how it worked out for Dallas, Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne played very well.

I'm not one of those jumping off the bandwagon thinking we're in need of major help but ever since T2 went down last year, I've thought we needed a new CB.Hosley is going to be in the same situation as Prince was last year, having to come in and play before he's ready due to injury.
    Last edited by NYGfanNC; 09-06-2012 at 08:37 AM.

The Giants used high draft picks the last 2 years on CB's. The problem is health not lack of talent. Michael Coe played very well and he is the Giants 4th CB.

They pay Webster plenty, as you point out, TT was given a huge non garanteed contract, which was smart at the time, they drafted a CB in the first round last year and the third round this year and gave a FA (Rolle) lots of money.

I just think they are banged up and the guys who aren't hurt need to play better.

Money doesn't heal injuries.

I agree Redeye, our existing CBs just need to get healthy. Its not so much lack of talent. I'm more concerned about our O-line than our secondary right now.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    Should we go and spend some money on a secondary. Corey Webster- FineT2- On IR for the second year in a rowPrince- Hurt, Injury proneHosley-Rookie, coming off an injuryMichael Coe- Injured for who knows how longJustin Tryon- Shouldn't be starting, can play when we need multiple CB on the fieldSo what do y'all think of spending money on some Cornerbacks? You saw how it worked out for Dallas, Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne played very well.I'm not one of those jumping off the bandwagon thinking we're in need of major help but ever since T2 went down last year, I've thought we needed a new CB.Hosley is going to be in the same situation as Prince was last year, having to come in and play before he's ready due to injury.
    It wasn't them spending money and getting new guys back there that beat us. It was more our OLines lack of giving Eli enough time to find his targets.. At times last yr he was able to look off several WRs before choosing his target. Now he barely has time to just get the ball and throw it. It's no wonder he didn't have a pile of INTs. Also the secondary for Dallas got away with murder all night. Holding a d bumping after five yards? Also Cruz dropping 3 balls didn't help. MB dropped one
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-06-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    No ..no and NO!!! JESUS CHRISTMAS... WE won 2 superbowls by stacking our front down lineman ... When the front 4 play as capable we don't need superstars in the defensive backfield... Let's copy the Dallas book because they beat us in 1 game ... The money goes in the front four... Webster gets paid a lot and the past 5 years he's deserved it... We have a lot of guys hurt... But no to going out and spending big money on the back end ofdefense
    Last edited by shotcalla39; 09-06-2012 at 09:04 AM.