+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Refs cost us 7 points

And that is a fact, wonder how many more game changing calls we will have to see till the NFL realises it's a HUGE problem.

the refs called FAR more penalties on the cowboys. Stop making excuses.

while the did call more penalties against dallas they were holding jpp and our wideouts all night
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"
    I actually thought the ref's did a good job yesterday...It definitely looked like a huge improvement compared to the preseason.

Giants didn't lose because of the Refs the missed call on Cruz. But the Giants had plenty of opportunities to take control of the game and ended up beating themselves. The fumble by Wilson, 3 drops and a bad plenty by Cruz, drops by Bennet and AB, Tryon not able to down the punt inside the 5 and an easy INT dropped by Webby.
    Last edited by ozzie0075; 09-06-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_ One View Post
    And that is a fact, wonder how many more game changing calls we will have to see till the NFL realises it's a HUGE problem.
    They cost us 4 points, but your assuming Victor Cruz would have chosen to hang onto that pass... which, last night, that's a huge stretch. I want to be clear that bad refereeing is part of the game and I by no means blame the referees for the loss... Dallas beat the NYG soundly last night and the coaching and players didn't adjust to what they were doing all night long (slant routes and cutback lanes). But, there were 3 obvious pass interferences that were not called an plays on their half of the field. That combined with the holding on JPP all night and it was a recipe for disaster with the temp referees. Oh well, gives us hope for the next time we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I actually thought the ref's did a good job yesterday...It definitely looked like a huge improvement compared to the preseason.
    I completely agree.

It's not an excuse, not saying that we did not play good, they played slow and uninspired, but that was an obvious BAD non call, sorry but that is a HUGE non call, and it has nothing to do with how both teams played, and JPP was being mugged pretty much all night.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Giants didn't lose because of the Refs the missed call on Cruz was bad. But the Giants had plenty of opportunities to take control of the game and ended up beating themselves. The fumble by Wilson, 3 drops and a bad plenty by Cruz, a drops by Bennet and AB, Tryon not able to down the punt inside the 5 and an easy INT dropped by Webby.
    It's rough when our only option on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Goal is a pass play. That is my biggest concern. Even when we had Jacobs, we were not very good on the goal line.

refs didnt cost us the game. our team played like crap *cough CRUZ *cough