+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Note To Perry Fewell: TONY ROMO IS A MOBILE QB!

I'm only saying this because it looked like the Giants were seeing Romo for the first time and didn't know that he's a scrambler!
    HELLO GIANTS defense....have you ever played Tony Romo before last night?
    I usually yell scream and break my remote watching games like this, but the Giants have played the game they played last night TOO TOO TOO many times in the 40+ years I've been a fan, and it just leaves me numb now!
    You know......... it's amazing how, if you've followed a team long enough you can actually FEEL in your bones the outcome of games they are going to win or lose, just by what happens in a few plays here and there.
    I knew this game was lost when they had to settle for the FG......and I knew that the deal was sealed, and that they wouldn't get the ball back the moment they elected NOT to onside kick, and were going to rely on the secondary......which had been torched the entire game, to hold Romo to a 3 and out!
    Bad start to the season.....and deja vu all over again as the Giants reprise their Finlandia secondary!

anytime Romo went mobile he was escaping pressure.

the problem was the O line ...run and pass blocking

receivers dropping passes

and the horribly depleted CB position......now with Coe having a hammy they are down to Webster and the 5th CB in Tryon and a rookie

also sitting in the stadium last night I was disappointed by the lack of effort by JPP....he was taking plays off like it was his job

not a good looking game at all....but a mobile Romo was not the issue last night
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 09-06-2012 at 10:29 AM.

note to you. Fewell knows a lot more about football than you do.

Banned
    Note to the OP; Fewell isn't out on the field, blame our LBs/DEs for not knowing what outside contain means.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Note to the OP; Fewell isn't out on the field, blame our LBs/DEs for not knowing what outside contain means.
    where I do not believe Fewell was at all the problem....if they did not know to keep outside contain that would be a coaching issue

but that was not the issue

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    I'm only saying this because it looked like the Giants were seeing Romo for the first time and didn't know that he's a scrambler!
    HELLO GIANTS defense....have you ever played Tony Romo before last night?
    I usually yell scream and break my remote watching games like this, but the Giants have played the game they played last night TOO TOO TOO many times in the 40+ years I've been a fan, and it just leaves me numb now!
    You know......... it's amazing how, if you've followed a team long enough you can actually FEEL in your bones the outcome of games they are going to win or lose, just by what happens in a few plays here and there.
    I knew this game was lost when they had to settle for the FG......and I knew that the deal was sealed, and that they wouldn't get the ball back the moment they elected NOT to onside kick, and were going to rely on the secondary......which had been torched the entire game, to hold Romo to a 3 and out!
    Bad start to the season.....and deja vu all over again as the Giants reprise their Finlandia secondary!

I just don't understand how you, and others, lay this at the feet of Perry Fewell.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

more like note to rivers smh whiffing on him like that

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I just don't understand how you, and others, lay this at the feet of Perry Fewell.
    Because they always game plan against Michael Vick, focusing on keeping him contained, (with a lot of success i might add) but didn't do the same thing against Romo!
    We lay flowers at Fewells feet when he's had a successful game plan against a mobile QB like Vick, but it's only on the players when it goes the other way? Come on man!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    note to you. Fewell knows a lot more about football than you do.
    he didn't show it last night

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Because they always game plan against Michael Vick, focusing on keeping him contained, (with a lot of success i might add) but didn't do the same thing against Romo!
    We lay flowers at Fewells feet when he's had a successful game plan against a mobile QB like Vick, but it's only on the players when it goes the other way? Come on man!
    You have Fewell's game plan from last night?