+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiwanuka whining...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    •Giants linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka: “I haven't been held like that since I was a baby.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/20068948
    There were a ton of holding that wasn't called last night for sure. I still refuse to use the refs as an excuse for why Dallas won the game. Dallas had I think 3 times as many penalties and still won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    There were a ton of holding that wasn't called last night for sure. I still refuse to use the refs as an excuse for why Dallas won the game. Dallas had I think 3 times as many penalties and still won the game.
    Understand. Many of the posters here have the integrity not to, or at least realized that most of the calls eventually balanced out.

I think MK's statement is funny as hell.

I think it's pretty funny how he put it, but at the end of the day, it's just an excuse. The Cowpokes executed their gameplan better than us on both sides of the ball. They were the better team last night. Everything else is just window dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    I think it's pretty funny how he put it, but at the end of the day, it's just an excuse. The Cowpokes executed their gameplan better than us on both sides of the ball. They were the better team last night. Everything else is just window dressing.
    Yeah I've since been able to dig up more info on the context he said it in. Still kind of an excuse, but he wasn't pouty or anything about it.

•Giants linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka: “I haven't been held like that since I was a baby.”

I thought it was JPP that should have done the complaining. Go back and look. he had guys draped on him all night. Even on 2 of the TD passes romo would have been sacked if not for the holds. however they wre not calling them either way so i am fine with it
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    Oh please. Get over yourself and more importantly get over the idea that your team is any different than the rest in the NFL.

What Kiwi said isn't on the same level as the Packers and 9ers statements (which were ridiculed here), but it's in the same ballpark. Excuses are excuses.
    There was holding that wasn’t called from both teams. The referrees let them play. It wsn’t a big deal.

Kiwi is just a little frustrated and maybe a little bit of humble pie will do us some good. Dallas Cowboys were the better team last night and they deserved to win. We will beat them next time.

Kiwi played last night? Go figure...........

Quote Originally Posted by jobberone View Post
    I think the refs did ok considering. But they clearly had a hard time with the holding calls. They got a couple but I think they were mostly on Dallas. I think Kiwanuka said that with a smile so no problem there. Both OLs were holding and both were getting away with as much as they could. Both DLs are a strength and both OLs need some work. I was pleasantly surprised by the Dallas OL getting Murray some yards later on. Not so much with the NY running game. Both teams inside LBs were better this year. Rivers played well. Hard to tell what the NY secondary will be like with all the people out and injured. That could be a problem for NY. I'm surprised Eli and Cruz aren't getting more heat. Dallas's DBs are way better this year but I don't know about the depth there either.

Why would Eli be taking heat for last night? Sure, he could have gotten out a bit quicker on his leads blocks on running plays but other than that.........

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. There was a ton of holding on both sides.

Just wondering what you guys thought of this comment.
    He never should have said it. Making excuses and sounding weak in pro football is a no no. That said, there was a lot of cuddling between both clubs :P

+ Reply to Thread