+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

We're in BIG trouble guys

Don't mean to over react. I know we were a combined 0-3 to start our last two Super Bowl seasons (0-4 when you throw in 1986), but last nights' game may have been a 3 game swing in Dallas's favor. While we have those extra NFC games vs. GB and SF, Dallas and Philly get their extra NFC games vs the Seahawks/Cardinals and Lions/Bears. Big difference in their favor. Also wondering why our GM doesn't address our teams' biggest weaknesses? It's like a badge of honor for him because it worked last year. Doesn't work every year. And let's remember one thing while we heap tons of praise on Jerry: The '07 Super Bowl was just as much Accorsi's as it was Jerry's. If not more. Last season was Coaching and Eli.
    Pats recognized two huge weaknesses after a 4 point super bowl loss and addressed those. Cowboys missed the division and 12 wins by a few plays and addressed their big weaknesses. Giants did nothing. Manningham walks, which I though was a terrible mistake given the strentgth of the team and NFL is passing game. Aaron Ross walks despite having no assurance TT would be ok for a full 16 + playoffs. No O-line help is imported, and no db help is imported. Didn't the Colts just trade for a big time CB? Why can't we ever get in on something like that. I know we just won it all, but I don't want to follow it up with 8-8. The other super bowl champs in recent years don't do that. wh should we?

To me the season might hinge now on the week-3 Carolina game, assuming they beat Tampa next week. If they lose to the Panthers a 1-3 start is likely. 2-4 after the SF game. then the schedule really gets hard! (all that being said: 1-2 plays go the other way last night and we probably win that game).

You need to calm down. Take this one game at a time. This was an off game, you're acting like we got blown out. I'm concerned as well, but we've picked ourselves up before. Relax.

In Reese we Trust! The season just started, so it's hard to tell if the moves he made were the right moves or not.

what moves? he patched gaping holes wit band aids

Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    don't mean to over react. I know we were a combined 0-3 to start our last two super bowl seasons (0-4 when you throw in 1986), but last nights' game may have been a 3 game swing in dallas's favor. While we have those extra nfc games vs. Gb and sf, dallas and philly get their extra nfc games vs the seahawks/cardinals and lions/bears. Big difference in their favor. Also wondering why our gm doesn't address our teams' biggest weaknesses? It's like a badge of honor for him because it worked last year. Doesn't work every year. And let's remember one thing while we heap tons of praise on jerry: The '07 super bowl was just as much accorsi's as it was jerry's. If not more. Last season was coaching and eli.
    Pats recognized two huge weaknesses after a 4 point super bowl loss and addressed those. Cowboys missed the division and 12 wins by a few plays and addressed their big weaknesses. Giants did nothing. Manningham walks, which i though was a terrible mistake given the strentgth of the team and nfl is passing game. Aaron ross walks despite having no assurance tt would be ok for a full 16 + playoffs. No o-line help is imported, and no db help is imported. Didn't the colts just trade for a big time cb? Why can't we ever get in on something like that. I know we just won it all, but i don't want to follow it up with 8-8. The other super bowl champs in recent years don't do that. Wh should we?

To me the season might hinge now on the week-3 carolina game, assuming they beat tampa next week. If they lose to the panthers a 1-3 start is likely. 2-4 after the sf game. Then the schedule really gets hard! (all that being said: 1-2 plays go the other way last night and we probably win that game).
    too late!.....
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You need to calm down. Take this one game at a time. This was an off game, you're acting like we got blown out. I'm concerned as well, but we've picked ourselves up before. Relax.
    One game and people are overreacting way too hard. I sometimes wonder if people actually enjoy watching football and take it one step at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    One game and people are overreacting way too hard. I sometimes wonder if people actually enjoy watching football and take it one step at a time
    Seriously, stop panicking. It's okay to be concerned, but don't jump off a bridge and call it quits. If this team was anything like its fans..
    Last edited by Rudyy; 09-06-2012 at 11:08 AM.

In other news, the sky is falling.

There is a salary cap. Unless they drafted top O-linemen we had to cut salary and we had the last pick in the first round. We have WRs so I do not see an issue there. Our weakness is the O-line and things did not fall into place for us to get a cheap ready to start rookie or a pricey free agent. We also have our own young guys we will have to think about resigning.

Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    what moves? he patched gaping holes wit band aids
    you need to relax, this is nothing that hasn't been seen before. One bad game means nothing. Reese and company knows what they are doing. Last year the Eagles made all these big offseason moves and it led them nowhere. This team has plenty of talent that has proven that they can win it all.