+ Reply to Thread

The Pregame Ceremony Cost Us the Game....

For previous SB winners, they usually had a former player rile up the players and crowd's emotions. Strahan, Bettis.. etc... While nostalgic, I thought they missed the boat completely. This could have been a huge weapon in our arsenal if it was used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Manning View Post
    For previous SB winners, they usually had a former player rile up the players and crowd's emotions. Strahan, Bettis.. etc... While nostalgic, I thought they missed the boat completely. This could have been a huge weapon in our arsenal if it was used correctly.
    I can't say I agree that lost us the game, but I truly believe the time for that kind of presentiation was not on opening day of the next season. We talk and read about the players getting over the fact that they won the Super Bowl and then the organization puts on a pre-game display that brought all of that hoopla front and center. If anything, I think that pre-game show gave our players a false sense of security.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Im glad this team got punched in the mouth. Time to respond. We are underdogs again. React accordingly.

The funny thing is, we played so bad and still only lost by a TD. And if we stopped them on that 3rd and 12, Eli with 2minutes left we would of tied it. Dallas is in trouble as well. They did not look great out there.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Im glad this team got punched in the mouth. Time to respond. We are underdogs again. React accordingly.

The funny thing is, we played so bad and still only lost by a TD. And if we stopped them on that 3rd and 12, Eli with 2minutes left we would of tied it. Dallas is in trouble as well. They did not look great out there.
    The fact remains that we played terribly... it's one thing to lose by a score when you play your best, it only motivates you for the rematch (like Green Bay last year). Losing because you just didn't show up to the game is unacceptable...