+ Reply to Thread

Oline & Running Game

The good news is that the Oline for the most part gave Eli decent time against a strong Dalllas pass rush. Dallas had success on blitzs but that's to be expected.

The bad news is that the run blocking is still ineffective. The touchdown the AB had came on a cutback lane. I think we can be successful on misdirections, old school counter treys, and running plays that leave cut back lanes. I think where we face an uphill battle is running plays that call for our Oline to open up between the tackle holes. We don't have a power run blocking O-line that will open gaping holes and push the defense back. We can have some moderate success with increased deception in our running game. I don't think this group will ever be successful when we try to run straight at the other team, or off tackle.

AB looks good. Wilson will get more chances, but he obviously needs to hold on to the ball- this was a problem for him in college as well.

I think both AB and WIlson's running styles are made for misdirection runs and running plays with cutback lanes.