+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hixon as 3d receiver

Congratulations to Hixon on his catch last night and his recovery again from serious injury. But my sense is that he is NOT as blessed with talent as Manningham is, and that Ruben Randle certainly deserves to be in the mix and on the field NOW!

It may only be the start of the season, but don't kid yourself, a loss like last night could be damming come December. We need to utilize our assets immediately -- we're not good enough to coast in any way.

Mick

I love your work and for the record do not believe any of the lies about you and David Bowe

...anyway

Hixon absolutely the best option for 3rd on the depth chart at the moment

Randle will eventually be ready .....but is clearly not at the moment

if Hixon can stay healthy he will be a huge part of this offense and I believe if he was healthy last season we may not have seen Manninham at all

Does anyone remember last season? Hixon started above Cruz before his injury vs. the Rams. He's no scrub... if he stayed healthy the newspapers would have been buzzing with "Nixon Hixon" (read: Nicks and Hixon) as the top wideout tandem in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Congratulations to Hixon on his catch last night and his recovery again from serious injury. But my sense is that he is NOT as blessed with talent as Manningham is, and that Ruben Randle certainly deserves to be in the mix and on the field NOW!

It may only be the start of the season, but don't kid yourself, a loss like last night could be damming come December. We need to utilize our assets immediately -- we're not good enough to coast in any way.
    Can you explain this to me please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

P.S. - Hixon is miles ahead of RR or Manningham right now.

Veteran
    I was thinking same thing. He isn't able to get separation most of the time. I would play Barden until Randle is ready to take over the job. The key for the third WR is to able to contribute outside so Cruz can move to the slot where he is much more dangerous.

Veteran
    If you think Hixon > Manningham, you're out of your damn mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post

Hixon did more than what was asked of him last night. The guy had a really good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Itlan View Post
    If you think Hixon > Manningham, you're out of your damn mind.
    He was above Cruz last year, as well as Manningham...

Hixon had an okay game, that one catch was big and good, with Nicks less than 100% and Cruz not there,

you can only prove you know so much in practice, eventually you need to gain opportunities in real game action to prove you can translate it,

someone at the game said Randle was in on a play and 2-3 steps ahead of his defender on a go route and Eli never looked at him once

not saying X is better than X at this point, just observations

If Randle isn't better than Hixon, he was a bad 2nd round choice. Yes, Hixon (like Tyree) can make plays -- but that doesn't make him a great receiver.

While Manningham was mentally inconsistent while here, he many, many times came up with stellar, clutch catches for TDs -- go watch the NFL Giants year-end video for 2011. It will scare you -- he MUST be replaced or we go NOWHERE! Without him last year, we most likely miss the playoffs.