+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Boy was Accorsi ever right about the evaluation of Manning!

When the Giants won SuperBowl 42 I couldn't get enough of the glowing reviews about Eli all over TV and the radio. The one interview that stuck with like glue til this day is the interview Francesa had with Ernie right before the draft that year.

I was dying to hear what Ernie thought of the win so I listen ever so carefully. Francesa asked Ernie about the evaluation process in drafting Eli and he responded (I'm paraphrasing here):
    I saw Eli play one of first games at Ole Miss. The team was down by five touchdowns in the first half. The coach, David Cutcliffe, puts in Eli in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Eli then proceeds to throw 5 touchdowns in the second half to almost pull out the win.

After the game the opposing coach walks up to shake hands with coach David Cutcliffe and says " Thank God we didn't see that kid the whole game".

That game told me what I would eventually find out about Eli and it's summed up in one phrase "We evaluate the quarterback position by his ability to lead his team down the field and score with the game on the line.
    Was Ernie on point or what? That says it all!

Re: Boy was Accorsi ever right about the evaluation of Manning!

Once again, I'd like to take this time to remind everyone of the "suck or luck" campaign That was going on earlier....

[quote user="myles2424"]Once again, I'd like to take this time to remind everyone of the "suck or luck" campaign That was going on earlier....[/quote]

true that! all it takes is a loss to the Redskins and people are ready to hang up the season...

Just wait til Monday, you might have the same morons saying the same thing!

All Eli ever needed was the weapons to compliment him. Now, he has them.

Why is everybody so surprised?

[quote user="krygny"]All Eli ever needed was the weapons to compliment him. Now, he has them.

[/quote] I was never a doubter,of Eli,our Wrs,the TE position, and as of now I believe the Oline & running game will fix itself come 2012.....it's the LBs that desperately need help...

[quote user="jaygoon"][quote user="myles2424"]Once again, I'd like to take this time to remind everyone of the "suck or luck" campaign That was going on earlier....[/quote]

true that! all it takes is a loss to the Redskins and people are ready to hang up the season...

Just wait til Monday, you might have the same morons saying the same thing![/quote]

Eli has been money all season long. It's this stupid defense that cant even stop a nose bleed

[quote user="krygny"]All Eli ever needed was the weapons to compliment him. Now, he has them.

[/quote]

actually thats the opposite of what EA said in his draft report and elis college history.

eli had i think two offensive players make it to the nfl and as EA put it on a radio interview i recently heard, "they barely had a cup of coffee in the nfl". eli did what he did in Ole Miss without any real credible talent. thats why he was so highly touted. he was doing so much with so little.

Ole Miss barely lost to Auburn bc Eli kept making huge play after huge play, and Auburn had like 14 defenders to go on to play in the NFL. Ole Miss almost won the SEC championship all on eli's arm...ole miss had some huge wins against much more competitive teams. the only teams that ole miss was more talented then, and probably not more talented but as talented, was kentucky and like indianna or vanderbilt. ole miss had one claim to fame and that was eli and he almost delivered despite a serious lack of surrounding talent

thats why throughout his career in NY i knew he was special. we've had a revolving door of talent surrounding eli but the results are always the same; a competitive team that if players do there job eli can lead us to a super bowl.

now that we finally have a nice, solid, young corp surrounding eli that eli can field general and get them to see what he does, we're seeing the results.

EA was dead on in his evaluation of Eli. An unbelievably clutch, talented player who keeps his cool in the toughest of situations who makes everyone around him better.

where would we be without easy e?

[quote user="Snappinnecks"]When the Giants won SuperBowl 42 I couldn't get enough of the glowing reviews about Eli all over TV and the radio. The one interview that stuck with like glue til this day is the interview Francesa had with Ernie right before the draft that year.

I was dying to hear what Ernie thought of the win so I listen ever so carefully. Francesa asked Ernie about the evaluation process in drafting Eli and he responded (I'm paraphrasing here):
    I saw Eli play one of first games at Ole Miss. The team was down by five touchdowns in the first half. The coach, David Cutcliffe, puts in Eli in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Eli then proceeds to throw 5 touchdowns in the second half to almost pull out the win.

After the game the opposing coach walks up to shake hands with coach David Cutcliffe and says " Thank God we didn't see that kid the whole game".

That game told me what I would eventually find out about Eli and it's summed up in one phrase "We evaluate the quarterback position by his ability to lead his team down the field and score with the game on the line.
    Was Ernie on point or what? That says it all![/quote]Doesnt matter as it seems ppl still think EA made a mistake on draft day....

LOLOLOLOL idiots!
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Let`s not pretend that this season isn`t anything special for Eli - because it is. He has never been this good or mistake free. Maybe final four of 2007. I`ll call it a combo of Eli and play selection.
    I think a coconut fell on Gilbrides head at half time vs. the Rams and it came to him to let Eli do what he does best - throw the ball down field, flags, touch passes on deep outs ( timed patterns ) seam to TE, etc. Not slants, not quick outs across the field.
    I think this has fed his confidence and made him a better QB

[/quote]He was doing it w/o the weapons before, in case you forgot all the injuries and players that moved on or let go, or shot themselves!
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul