+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

David Wilson problem

I just hope Tom didn't wreck this kids' confidence. Paul Westhead once said you can stop the bleeding, but you might kill the patient. another carry last night, even just one catch out of the backfield, would've been good for him. It's not like we were humming along on offense anyway. Tom knows waaaaay more about this than I do, so hopefully he gives him the Tiki fumble tutorial and all is well from here, because Wilson's ability can mask a lot of the O line issues just on sheer speed and athleticism. We're gonna need him

oh stop....
    wreck his confidence.??!!!
    if he is that fragile he will never ever make in the NFL......
    Last edited by GameTime; 09-06-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

It looked like Wilson was harder on himself than Coughlin, the kid looked like he was about to have a breakdown on the sideline last night. He'll be fine, we'll see something from him against Tampa

It's not like he didn't touch the ball again. He had a kick return after at the very least, so there's the one touch you wanted. He's cured!!!

If his confidence is wrecked by being benched, then I'm glad he was benched...

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    oh stop....
    wreck his confidence.??!!!m if he is that fragile he will never ever make in the NFL......
    This.

If he's that weak emotionally, he'll never survive prime time. While I would have liked to see him get some more carries and for the same reason, I'm wondering if his little melt down wasn't part of the reason he didn't get another shot. When Tiki fumbled everywhere, TC went right back to him time and again.

Veteran
    The kids in the NFL, it's way past the time where the head coach is going to make decisions based on not hurting an individuals feelings. Our coaches are always going to do whats best for the team at any time in the game. They're not going to put someone in just to "build his confidence".

Seriously.

/Thread.

well. he looked pretty fragile while being consoled. that's why I posed the question

I don't necessarily think he's fragile it seems more like he's upset with himself and that he fumbled in his first NFL game. We shouldn't read into it to much, if he wasn't ready he wouldn't have been put back in to receive kick offs.

Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    well. he looked pretty fragile while being consoled. that's why I posed the question
    thats my point....if he is that fragile then he's already done.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch