+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any faith left?

Any faith left?

Does anyone think this defense can get back on track before this season ends/in time for the playoffs (if we make it that far)?

I am just going on a hunch and think we will (yes, I am a homer, w.e u say pal).

Re: Any faith left?

what are we supposed to say no? of course everyone wants the defense to step up, and there's no reason they can't.

[quote user="EJ Blue"]what are we supposed to say no? of course everyone wants the defense to step up, and there's no reason they can't.
    [/quote]
    Lol you'd be surprised what some people on here think....I'm just trying to see everyone's opinion on this

I want to say yes, but I'm gonna say no

[quote user="EJ Blue"]what are we supposed to say no? of course everyone wants the defense to step up, and there's no reason they can't.
    [/quote]

+1
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Faith? I think we're all praying

I just not use to my team having a horrible defense, horrible running game and a high-power passing game.

Veteran

[quote user="egyptian420"]Does anyone think this defense can get back on track before this season ends/in time for the playoffs (if we make it that far)?

I am just going on a hunch and think we will (yes, I am a homer, w.e u say pal).
    [/quote]

You're not a homer. A Homer thinks we're on track. A Homer thinks this Randall "Tex" Cobb approach to playing defense is a viable strategy (in that by getting scored on so much we're seeing all our likely post season opponents tricks).

As far as turning it around we need the ghost of Omar Stoutemire to come teach these guys how to hit.

But seriously, play should pick up with Philips recovering but save for that, we're in deep stuffs when it comes to keeping teams from driving down the field into FG territory with :58 to go.

And to be sure, the linebacker coverage is nothing to crow about either. Say what you want about Pierce, but I don't remember teams molesting us in the short to medium range as much as they are now.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll see anything as disgraceful as the NO game. I wrote a long memo to Wellington after that game.

[quote user="Weygand"][quote user="egyptian420"]Does anyone think this defense can get back on track before this season ends/in time for the playoffs (if we make it that far)?

[/quote]

You're not a homer. A Homer thinks we're on track. A Homer thinks this Randall "Tex" Cobb approach to playing defense is a viable strategy (in that by getting scored on so much we're seeing all our likely post season opponents tricks).

As far as turning it around we need the ghost of Omar Stoutemire to come teach these guys how to hit.

But seriously, play should pick up with Philips recovering but save for that, we're in deep stuffs when it comes to keeping teams from driving down the field into FG territory with :58 to go.

And to be sure, the linebacker coverage is nothing to crow about either. Say what you want about Pierce, but I don't remember teams molesting us in the short to medium range as much as they are now.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll see anything as disgraceful as the NO game. I wrote a long memo to Wellington after that game.
    [/quote]
    +1

This depends on your point of view. I have been able to make peace with the defense as I now expect them to give up a TD on each and every possession. When they donít allow a score, it's like they are playing great.

Bottom line is that the season will go as far as Eli can take them. It's a lousy deal for the offense but they can't expect much of anything from the defense at this point.
    (See 1st Redskins game, Seattle game, Eagles game, Saints game, Cowboys game, Packers game, etc.)

[quote user="egyptian420"]Does anyone think this defense can get back on track before this season ends/in time for the playoffs (if we make it that far)?

[/quote]

with injured osi and tuck, i don't have the best faith

The key to our defense is hitting the QB and we're missing 2 of our 3 best pass rushers. I am hoping we can just outscore everybody

Fear the name, appreciate the game