+ Reply to Thread

Is JPP better at DT than our actual D tackles?

I think our D tackes are solid against the run, but I always said to myself if we ever had D tackles that could get a decent push up the middle during passing plays, our ends would dominate. It would be over. Especially osi, since he has a quick release up the field. When jpp came in at the Tackle spot he did a hell of a job pushing the O line back and collapsing the pocket.. This guy can pretty much dominate any where on the D line. I don't care if this guy throws tom coughlin into the cold tub, he is officially my favorite player in the NFL. The thing that actually impressed me the most was that he played like this all game, no matter how long the defense was on the field for. That takes more than just stamina. That's true heart.

I believe we have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL, but JPP is the only one who shows up every game.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 09-06-2012 at 05:39 PM.

The future looks bright! I believe Wilson will be the same kind of player on the other side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    The future looks bright! I believe Wilson will be the same kind of player on the other side of the ball.
    Eli and JPP right now are the core of this football team. You just know if our d would have been able to stop them on that 3rd down, Eli would have drove the ball down the field and brought the game to overtime. They both played a near perfect game even though the stats may not show it.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 09-06-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Linval Joseph is a developing pro bowler.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

to be fair not having Canty and the potential of what Austin could be or do doesn't help...

when you have a few blown calls, a drive killing fumble, 3 dropped passes, a endzone mugging un-noticed and an overthrown TD strike ???

I would think your sails begin to sag as the wind just kind of dies out.

15 games, 10 days ... go get it

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Bernard showed us last night why he is a rotational player and not a full time starter. That said, I highly doubt JPP could do what Joseph does for us in the middle game in and game out.

Linny Jo shows bright flashes...wish we had Canty, Rodgers and Austin out there to get a real rotation though

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI