+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

We should run a fake or two at some point

When we play Dallas again, or if we get in and play teams like GB or NO in the playoffs, I'd really like to see us do a surprise onsides kick or a fake punt.

1. We don't really ever do it so it would be highly unexpected.

2. Those are tough games so we might need to take chances to win.

3. Our offense is so good and our defense is so bad that we will be trading touchdowns for most of the game. One extra possession could make the difference.

4. Those opponents have bad defenses and good offenses as well, we should take a chance to keep their offense of the field.

All things considered I think it's a medium risk/high reward play, and I will be very disappointed if we don't at least give it a try.

Re: We should run a fake or two at some point

I wouldn't mind seeing a fake every now and then but Coughlin is old school and he likes playing the field position game.

I'd like to see some WR reverses myself. Get Mario or Cruz on a misdirection and let em go. Especially when the run game has been so poor...They need to employ some of that and get those guys out in space.....That's something else they rarely do.

should just kick onsides kicks, not like the defense can stop anyone anyways. It'll actually improve the "stats" [:P]

[quote user="jhamburg"]When we play Dallas again, or if we get in and play teams like GB or NO in the playoffs, I'd really like to see us do a surprise onsides kick or a fake punt.

3. Our offense is so good and our defense is so bad that we will be trading touchdowns for most of the game. One extra possession could make the difference.

4. Those opponents have bad defenses and good offenses as well, we should take a chance to keep their offense of the field.

All things considered I think it's a medium risk/high reward play, and I will be very disappointed if we don't at least give it a try.[/quote]I guess that would be one way of getting rid of TC. He would have a heart attack if Killdrive calls anything other than the 4 plays that they use the entire game. (shotgun draw, throw deep, shotgun draw, punt)

[quote user="titwio"]I wouldn't mind seeing a fake every now and then but Coughlin is old school and he likes playing the field position game.

I'd like to see some WR reverses myself. Get Mario or Cruz on a misdirection and let em go. Especially when the run game has been so poor...They need to employ some of that and get those guys out in space.....That's something else they rarely do.[/quote]
    dont you know a reverse is far too complex for gilbride to comprehend?

Veteran

[quote user="jhamburg"]When we play Dallas again, or if we get in and play teams like GB or NO in the playoffs, I'd really like to see us do a surprise onsides kick or a fake punt.

All things considered I think it's a medium risk/high reward play, and I will be very disappointed if we don't at least give it a try.[/quote]

1/10

They should make a play for Eli to run since he knows how to slide now LOL

Make him bootleg to the right then tuck the ball and run! Extra credit if its on 3rd or 4th down!

Veteran

[quote user="titwio"]I wouldn't mind seeing a fake every now and then.[/quote]

Oh yeah....especially with the great result we got last time.

That was a disgrace to the memory of Gary Reasons

Yeah and if it works it's great. However if it backfires, everyone will be screaming "FIRE COUGHLIN" etc..

I could see an onside kick to start the game. I have no doubt our opponents would not expect it from TC. I would think it would have about a 90% chance of working, if practiced and well executed.

I'd rather not see a fake punt or FG. I'd rather have the yards Weatherford gives us on a punt. I'd rather have three points from the FG, or barring that, have Eli throw on fourth down. I trust Eli more than Tynes/Weatherford to get us a first down.

Now that the run game is working, a Jacobs flea flicker would be gold.
    Do not feed the trolls.