+ Reply to Thread

The Offensive Line/ Running Game

Finally five guys that can be called an offensive line! These last two games showed a few things.

First, BJ is running like a beast right now. You can see that he expects holes to be there for him and he's running great right now. Don't ruin a good thing, BJ first, AB second. BJ needs to know he's the "man" right now.

Second, These five guys need to stay as they are for the remainder of the year. Let Baas heal on the pine and leave DD at the tackle spot.

Third, do a lot of work on this O line in the off season. It needes a lot of help! A lot of help

Re: The Offensive Line/ Running Game

[quote user="bearbryant"]Finally five guys that can be called an offensive line! These last two games showed a few things.

First, BJ is running like a beast right now. You can see that he expects holes to be there for him and he's running great right now. Don't ruin a good thing, BJ first, AB second. BJ needs to know he's the "man" right now.

Second, These five guys need to stay as they are for the remainder of the year. Let Baas heal on the pine and leave DD at the tackle spot.

Third, do a lot of work on this O line in the off season. It needes a lot of help! A lot of help[/quote]
    +1...I think it'll be even better when Bradshaw plays the whole game. I'd love to see them split carries 50-50, they both have a great upside.

Veteran

I think must of it has to do with the revamped lone, but some of it can be credited to Gilbride finally accepting that Jacobs is not Bradshaw

They are giving BJ running plays that work to his strength - get to the line quickly, with as much steam as possible, and lower the shoulder if nothing is there.

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="bearbryant"]Finally five guys that can be called an offensive line! These last two games showed a few things.

Third, do a lot of work on this O line in the off season. It needes a lot of help! A lot of help[/quote]
    +1...I think it'll be even better when Bradshaw plays the whole game. I'd love to see them split carries 50-50, they both have a great upside.
    [/quote]

Very interesting stat I picked up from giants.com---

YTD thru 12 /11---

Carries Yards Avg TD
    130 / 490 / 3.8 / 5 Bradshaw

130 / 480 / 3.7 / 7 Jacobs

Can't get much more 50-50 than that, for the season at least.

Obviously they are both at well less than half production of where they've been at this time of year over the past couple years, but we all know that.

I'm just pointing out how evenly distributed their work has been over 13 games. Always a goal of TC and KG, but we've never seen it this even before. Kinda weird.

[quote user="JMFP2"]I think must of it has to do with the revamped lone, but some of it can be credited to Gilbride finally accepting that Jacobs is not Bradshaw

They are giving BJ running plays that work to his strength - get to the line quickly, with as much steam as possible, and lower the shoulder if nothing is there.[/quote]

I don't think that's (Jacobs running to the outside too often) been Gilbride, I think that's been Jacobs decision making since 2009.

Both Coughlin and Gilbride have been constantly saying, nearly every week since early 2009, Jacobs produces best when he runs straight between the tackles.

It appears that after 2 and a half years, Jacobs may have finally seen the light. Although even last Sunday a few of his big gains were sort of a slant sweep to the right.

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="bearbryant"]Finally five guys that can be called an offensive line! These last two games showed a few things.

[/quote]

Very interesting stat I picked up from giants.com---

YTD thru 12 /11---

Carries Yards Avg TD
    130 / 490 / 3.8 / 5 Bradshaw

130 / 480 / 3.7 / 7 Jacobs

Can't get much more 50-50 than that, for the season at least.

Obviously they are both at well less than half production of where they've been at this time of year over the past couple years, but we all know that.

I'm just pointing out how evenly distributed their work has been over 13 games. Always a goal of TC and KG, but we've never seen it this even before. Kinda weird.[/quote]
    Yea but the only reason that number is the same is because Bradshaw missed 4 games, had only 11 carries on his first game back, and only 8 last game due to missing an entire half.

If it wasn't for those circumstances, Bradshaw would have many more carries than Jacobs. But yea, they should even it out to 50-50.