+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

QBR another BS stat Eli's rating

Eli is ranked #9 in the league this year in total QBR... Matt Hasselbeck, Toby Romo and Matt Ryan are ahead of him just to name a few..

He was also ranked outside of the just 9 in total QBR in week 14 in one of the most incredibly clutch performances in recent memory... Guys like Sanchez and Flacco are ahead lol

To put the numbers in perspective, he is the only other player besides Dan Marino to throw for 400 yds in 1 YEAR.. HE already tied the NFLs 4th quarter TD record in a season with 14. And he's on pace to throw for just under 5000 yards...

QBR is a crock of ****

Re: QBR another BS stat Eli's rating

Romo has similar #s to Eli, difference is, Eli = Clutch. Not sure about the other guys. Also Romo in that game had 4 TDS, and Eli had 2 tds and 1 int.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Veteran

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Romo has similar #s to Eli, difference is, Eli = Clutch. Not sure about the other guys. Also Romo in that game had 4 TDS, and Eli had 2 tds and 1 int.[/quote]

But that sort of demonstrates the accuracy of the rating. Romo while yes he was the QB of the losing team finished the game with a gaudy QB rating of 141 and Eli a pedestrian 90. And Romo was one dropped pass away from winning that game. On top of that, 4tds no picks; Romo didn't drop those passes......his receivers did. And even then, it was special teams that let him down at the end of the game. Really, Eli was more at fault for his interception than Romo was for his receivers dropping passes.

We have to play them again in 3 weeks and the Giants have been humiliated in the make or break games the last 2 seasons (Carolina in '09 and the Packer disgrace last season). Rather than QB comparisons, we should be asking why our D gave up 4 touchdowns and if relying on the cowboys to drop passes is part of the game plan.

[quote user="Weygand"][quote user="DragonSoul"]Romo has similar #s to Eli, difference is, Eli = Clutch. Not sure about the other guys. Also Romo in that game had 4 TDS, and Eli had 2 tds and 1 int.[/quote]

But that sort of demonstrates the accuracy of the rating.* Romo while yes he was the QB of the losing team finished the game with a gaudy QB rating of 141 and Eli a pedestrian 90.* And Romo was one dropped pass away from winning that game.* On top of that, 4tds no picks; Romo didn't drop those passes......his receivers did.* And even then, it was special teams that let him down at the end of the game.* Really, Eli was more at fault for his interception than Romo was for his receivers dropping passes.

We have to play them again in 3 weeks and the Giants have been humiliated in the make or break games the last 2 seasons (Carolina in '09 and the Packer disgrace last season).* Rather than QB comparisons, we should be asking why our D gave up 4 touchdowns and if relying on the cowboys to drop passes is part of the game plan.

[/quote]
    The 1st pass Eli threw in the very beginning of the game that wasn't an int would have been on him. Romo had a play like that early as well, but a tougher grab by our defenders if i recall. Both sides had drops.

Btw a tipped ball once again that bounced around and landed into the arm of the 1 handed LB! I do not put that on Eli, even though the number is against him. Nearly everyone says that it was a crazy fluke int. But thats the luck the team and Eli has.

And the reason why Eli > Romo is because he is Clutch and it was proof positive once again. Eli made the throws when it counted most and has done so practically all year. Romo might have missed Austin especially on that possible TD towards the end BUT he didn't connect, and that is one of the things that separates them. Eli will typically make those plays in crunch time, while Romo won't, and that is why i named him a couple years back the mini-McNabb.

Another difference is Romo also cost his team what 2-3 games alone? Like the Lions game to bring up 1 game right off the bat. Do not forget about our offensive line and run game vs what he has to play with.

Finally look at the level of competion we have played the last 4-6 weeks vs the Cowboys. They barely got away with the win vs the fins, and should have lost to the skins in OT if their kicker didn't miss twice, and then they lost to Arizona. While we got creamed by NO (thank the defense), Lost to rodgers after tying it up with less then a minute left (again thank the defense).

So there are big differences if you choose to look a bit deeper.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Veteran

[quote user="DragonSoul"]The 1st pass Eli threw in the very beginning of the game that wasn't an int would have been on him. Romo had a play like that early as well, but a tougher grab by our defenders if i recall. Both sides had drops.

Btw a tipped ball once again that bounced around and landed into the arm of the 1 handed LB! I do not put that on Eli, even though the number is against him. Nearly everyone says that it was a crazy fluke int. But thats the luck the team and Eli has.

And the reason why Eli > Romo is because he is Clutch and it was proof positive once again. Eli made the throws when it counted most and has done so practically all year. Romo might have missed Austin especially on that possible TD towards the end BUT he didn't, and that is one of the things that separates them. Eli will typically make those plays in crunch time, while Romo won't, and that is why i named him a couple years back the mini-McNabb.

Another difference is Romo also cost his team what 2-3 games alone? Like the Lions game to bring up 1 game right off the bat. Do not forget about our offensive line and run game vs what he has to play with.

Finally look at the level of competion we have played the last 4-6 weeks vs the Cowboys. They barely got away with the win vs the fins, and should have lost to the skins in OT if their kicker didn't miss twice, and then they lost to Arizona. While we got creamed by NO (thank the defense), Lost to rodgers after tying it up with less then a minute left (again thank the defense).

So there are big differences if you choose to look a bit deeper.[/quote]

The Packers also have a horrid pass defense and we barely beat Miami ourselves. And if we're looking deep, Romo lead his team to a win over the 9ers.

But I'm not trying to make this about Eli being bad...I just don't think Romo is as much of a scrub as he is sometimes made out to be.

Yes, both sides had some drops and both QBs made up for the missed opportunities and put their team in position to win the game.

the only reason eli isnt ranked higher on the qbr is bc of two really awful outings. the skins game week one he had a putrid total qbr and i think the second philly game he had another putrid total qbr. i think there was one more game he had a bad qbr.

if you were to drop those 2 or 3 awful performances, which you can't do, eli would be top 3 total qbr.

but in the old qb rating system eli is 4th i believe and a few points behind either brees or brady.

eli is killing it this year, no stat is going to deter that fact. i wouldnt be surprised if eli threw for 350 to 400 yds the next 3 games and breaks marino's record while rodgers brees and brady dont get it.

25 tds 12 ints, 4200 yards 60 comp% eli is absolutely killing it and imo he is the league mvp slightly ahead of rodgers

[quote user="Weygand"][quote user="DragonSoul"]The 1st pass Eli threw in the very beginning of the game that wasn't an int would have been on him. Romo had a play like that early as well, but a tougher grab by our defenders if i recall. Both sides had drops.

And the reason why Eli > Romo is because he is Clutch and it was proof positive once again. Eli made the throws when it counted most and has done so practically all year. Romo might have missed Austin especially on that possible TD towards the end BUT he didn't, and that is one of the things that separates them. Eli will typically make those plays in crunch time, while Romo won't, and that is why i named him a couple years back the mini-McNabb.

So there are big differences if you choose to look a bit deeper.[/quote]

The Packers also have a horrid pass defense and we barely beat Miami ourselves.* And if we're looking deep, Romo lead his team to a win over the 9ers.*

But I'm not trying to make this about Eli being bad...I just don't think Romo is as much of a scrub as he is sometimes made out to be.*

Yes, both sides had some drops and both QBs made up for the missed opportunities and put their team in position to win the game.*
    [/quote]Wont get into the minutia of those games, as we can clearly go around in circles. I agree Romo is not a bad QB, but what separates Eli and him is what is the big difference and at the end, thats what it comes down to when it counts. That is why I do not Feel Romo will win a SB, unless he changes his stripes and can do it consistently in crunch time, not just against bad teams or have great numbers after blowing out a bad team.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

No offense, but who really cares? We know what we have here, we have the best QB we've had in a very long time. Other than that, the only thing I care about are W's.

Veteran

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Romo has similar #s to Eli, difference is, Eli = Clutch. Not sure about the other guys. Also Romo in that game had 4 TDS, and Eli had 2 tds and 1 int.[/quote]

Right and this so called QBR is supposed to take the clutch factor and situations into its stztline... Sure on paper it looked like Romo had a better game but if u watched the game you would see who the better QB was that day...

After seeing Eli ranked as the 9th best QB for the year according to that stat .. that stat is garbage to me... Matt Hasselbeck??? Really???? If Eli continues his next 3 games like his last 3 games and we get into the playoffs he should win mvp

[quote user="Weygand"][quote user="DragonSoul"]Romo has similar #s to Eli, difference is, Eli = Clutch. Not sure about the other guys. Also Romo in that game had 4 TDS, and Eli had 2 tds and 1 int.[/quote]

But that sort of demonstrates the accuracy of the rating.* Romo while yes he was the QB of the losing team finished the game with a gaudy QB rating of 141 and Eli a pedestrian 90.* And Romo was one dropped pass away from winning that game.* On top of that, 4tds no picks; Romo didn't drop those passes......his receivers did.* And even then, it was special teams that let him down at the end of the game.* Really, Eli was more at fault for his interception than Romo was for his receivers dropping passes.

We have to play them again in 3 weeks and the Giants have been humiliated in the make or break games the last 2 seasons (Carolina in '09 and the Packer disgrace last season).* Rather than QB comparisons, we should be asking why our D gave up 4 touchdowns and if relying on the cowboys to drop passes is part of the game plan.

[/quote]

How would it have impacted Eli's rating if Manningham didn't drop the TD pass in the last drive? Or if Ballard wasn't interfered with in the end zone in the 2nd quarter?