+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1

    A little bit shocked Barden did not get any action

    Ok here me out on this one.

    Nicks played well but he was not 100%. He made one move and then kinda just sat in zones. He was used in pick plays and as a decoy. Not a big deal we knew he had some pain and he did what he could. But the one thing the giants were missing last night was chemistry, and Barden seemed to have good chemistry with Eli this pre-season.

    I mean Barden had a pretty good pre-season right? Including a break out type game in Chicago. Since nicks was injured I do not understand why we did not get him in the lineup. Was he injured?

  2. #2
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,614
    Barden is a third team player. He was on the field for special teams.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #3
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Hixon had a pretty good game. I am not surprised that Barden wasn't on the offense.

  4. #4
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Hixon had a pretty good game. I am not surprised that Barden wasn't on the offense.
    I was glad to see Hixon not seem to have any mobility issues and get through game one none the less for wear
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #5
    i agree. i read nicks played something like 96% of the offensive snaps...i have no idea why esp cuz he came off an injury and like u said, why not use the additional weapons. nicks wasnt his usual self, so i dunno why u couldnt get more reps in there for RR/Barden but eh, first week messups

  6. #6
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i agree. i read nicks played something like 96% of the offensive snaps...i have no idea why esp cuz he came off an injury and like u said, why not use the additional weapons. nicks wasnt his usual self, so i dunno why u couldnt get more reps in there for RR/Barden but eh, first week messups
    I agree with this. Nicks looked hampered and slow. He probably shouldn't have been on the field last night.

    Think we would have been better off with Barden on the field instead of Nicks, not even counting the fact that Nicks will heal faster if he sits. If that's what we're going to get from him, we should shut him down for a while.

  7. #7
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,614
    Quote Originally Posted by sg92 View Post
    I agree with this. Nicks looked hampered and slow. He probably shouldn't have been on the field last night.

    Think we would have been better off with Barden on the field instead of Nicks, not even counting the fact that Nicks will heal faster if he sits. If that's what we're going to get from him, we should shut him down for a while.
    If they didn't play Nicks, Hixon would have taken his place and Randle would have taken Hixon's place as the # 3
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If they didn't play Nicks, Hixon would have taken his place and Randle would have taken Hixon's place as the # 3
    Ya never know until it happens.

  9. #9
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    300
    Are we sure Randle is ahead of Barden?

  10. #10
    All-Pro CDN_G-FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,342
    Hixon looked great. I didn't miss Barden at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts