+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone else think

that Ware was trying to injure Eli on the first sack (I think). He put all of his body weight on him and stayed there until he stopped rolling. It was borderline dirty to me. Maybe I'm just looking for something to be mad about.

Are guys kinda do the same thing when we hit opposing quarterbacks.. Sad that this is a year that we have more talent on offense then in any of the SB winning seasons. Yet we may never see the fruits of this talent due to the lackluster OLine. Between the WRs, RBs, TEs and K and P returners they have assembled an army of guys that can hurt a defense on any given play. Yet at times last night we couldn't even reach the line of scrimmage on runs and Eli had guys in his hip pocket a split second after he got the ball
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by giantfan1976 View Post
    that Ware was trying to injure Eli on the first sack (I think). He put all of his body weight on him and stayed there until he stopped rolling. It was borderline dirty to me. Maybe I'm just looking for something to be mad about.
    Yes, but that is how the game is played.

I don't know Miked. Our guys normally try for the strip sack and end up flipping the guy around... like throwing a sack of flour. And the QB almost always ends up landing on the defender. Like they're trying to give him a soft place to land. I love hard hits, even on QBs, but when you use your body weight, it just doesn't seem like the proper thing to do. Looks like an attempt at injury.

You take the player out of the play its that simple. Was the whistle blown while Ware was riding Eli? If so thats on the refs. The NFL babies too much for my likes as is. Hell you were born only a few years after me don't you remember the physical play back then? I still laugh at any good clean hit on any player on either team (mine/theirs) because that is football to me. Ware is a gamer as is Eli, lets not give any reason to "soften" football any more than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by giantfan1976 View Post
    I think he was trying to hit him as hard as possible. Just like any other player would have done in the same situation. ELI didn't seem bothered by it so I don't see why I should be.

Veteran
    Is this the same sack that Ware helped Eli up from? The goal of a pass rusher is to hit the QB as hard as possible, but Ware isn't someone I would think to be a dirty player.