+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

We need to put our complete trust in Eli and steup the run with the pass for a change

Running the ball simply is not working.

You know what is? Throwing the ball.. and we have one of the best QB's to do that with.

The reason we made the playoffs last season is because Eli made magic with the football, not our RB's.

..Yet we continue to put Eli and our offense in these impossible situations every single drive... Bradshaw stuffed for no gain, Bradshaw gets bottled up in the backfield loses yardage... now it's 3rd and long... 3rd and 10, 3rd and 7, 3rd and 6...

Now the defense knows we're going to pass and we have to make an incredible play, whereas if we passed to begin with I'm sure we would pick up many more 1st downs and be in a lot less 3rd and long situations.

Maybe instead of running hit Hynoski or whoever for a quick pass and work the run game with short passes.

or..

Pass, pass, pass so they empty the box and we can break off a nice run. Keep the defense honest. Obviously running the football to set up the pass isn't working so why not pass the football to set up the run?

Very very frustrating.

The Packers, Lions, patriots and other teams don't have strong running games so they pass the football and they are very effective.

I'm not saying to abandon the run completely but running into a brick wall is seriously hampering our rhythm and production.
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 09-06-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Just found this little nugget....

10 times the Giants tried to run on first down. 8 of those runs resulted in 15 total yards.

The other two were a 5 yard run and the 10 yard touchdown.

When you have eight 2nd downs with 7 yards or longer to go, it's that much harder on the QB.
    wow...
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Thats what it was 3 AND OUT ! we need more PASSING , and LESS Running thru the middle of the line. ! If you need the running backs to do their part, then THROW the ball to the running backs then let them run. TRY IT ! i BET YOU, IT WILL WORK ! IT WORKS FOR OTHER NFL TEAMS.....................NO MORE 3 AND OUT !
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 09-06-2012 at 11:49 PM.

I believe once David Wilson settles into this offense our running game will be much better. He's so dynamic as a runner and receiver. SPEED allows you to do so many things....
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

i woulda abandoned the run wayyyyyyyyyyyyy earlier than it was last night. all it was doing was bailing the dallas d out. we were trying to keep them honest when all it was doing was making us even more 1 dimensional when we were in 100% passing situations countlessly.

the offense has gotten to used to eli doing the magic work. no qb can do it alone. if anyone woulda stepped up besides bennett, any rb or wr, we woulda won. simply bs we cant run it in from the 2. we lost 4 yds on those 2 goaline runs...digusting.

i would honeslty consider utilizing swing passes as the run game...or have JR call each lineman into his office and tell them that they are not earning their pay, and they can either restructure their contracts to 1/2 their worth or be cut, their choice. start messing with their money, they'll start blowing dl up

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i woulda abandoned the run wayyyyyyyyyyyyy earlier than it was last night. all it was doing was bailing the dallas d out. we were trying to keep them honest when all it was doing was making us even more 1 dimensional when we were in 100% passing situations countlessly.

the offense has gotten to used to eli doing the magic work. no qb can do it alone. if anyone woulda stepped up besides bennett, any rb or wr, we woulda won. simply bs we cant run it in from the 2. we lost 4 yds on those 2 goaline runs...digusting.

i would honeslty consider utilizing swing passes as the run game...or have JR call each lineman into his office and tell them that they are not earning their pay, and they can either restructure their contracts to 1/2 their worth or be cut, their choice. start messing with their money, they'll start blowing dl up
    That's just it.

We try not to be one dimensional by running the football but in essence we end up being even more one dimensional.

We can't keep this lack of production up.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

The defense needs to match the offense in production. I don't feel like they did game one, no one can argue the oline's lack of effectiveness game 1 but thats what it was, game one. We need some time to work things out, I have always slated the 6th week as your measuring stick and I think it holds true.

Dallas had the Ball for 32 min our defense was winded if the offense did their part we would've won the game all those 3 and outs hurt us because our secondary was banged up and we needed to score to keep Romo off the field.....the defense held them to 7 points by halftime.

That's what i have been saying. This league has been changing for some time yet we still have that run first mentality. We have a QB that nearly passed for 5 freaking thousand yards last season yet we don't utilize him often. Everytime we ran the ball against Dallas, i would bang my fist against the elbow bar.

Eli IMO is the best QB in the game. Let Eli THROW THE DAMN BALL!

We did do that, we passed first down . and we can't abandon the run, what are some of you talking about???

first drive 1st qtr

1st down at NYG16 14:56 Eli Manning incomplete pass to the left intended for Hakeem Nicks.
    2nd down at NYG16 14:49 Eli Manning pass to the middle to Victor Cruz for 5 yards to the NYG21. Tackled by Sean Lee.
    3rd down at NYG21 14:05 Eli Manning incomplete pass to the middle intended for Victor Cruz.
    4th down at NYG21 13:58 Steve Weatherford punts for 56 yards to Dal23. Dez Bryant return for 1 yard to Dal24. Tackled by Zak DeOssie.

3rd drive

1st down at NYG37 2:12 Eli Manning pass to the right to Hakeem Nicks for 10 yards to the NYG47. Tackled by Morris Claiborne.
    1st down at NYG47 1:35 Ahmad Bradshaw rush to the left for 3 yards to the 50. Tackled by Sean Lissemore and Anthony Spencer.
    2nd down at 50 0:58 Ahmad Bradshaw rush to the right for 5 yards to the Dal45. Tackled by Jason Hatcher.
    3rd down at Dal45 0:21 Eli Manning pass to the right to Victor Cruz for 4 yards to the Dal41. Tackled by Orlando Scandrick.

Coughlin using his Tablet