+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kevin Boothe vs. David Baas

Apparently on Wednesday Baas was working individual drills on the sideline. I would really much prefer Boothe be our center, since this offensive line unit has been producing as of late. I don't even want to see what will happen if we reshuffle our offensive line and ruin our guys' rhythm up front. Baas is in my opinion just too soft, especially on the run-blocking.

BOOM!!!

Re: Kevin Boothe vs. David Baas

even more important imo is petrus. i bet baas would play 10x better if petrus was next to him.

rewatch the 2 pt conversion. petrus pulls and seals off a huge block. it was nearly perfect and what we need for the run game to work. he can improve his pass blocking some but even then, he is very aggressive and plays with a mean streak.

boothe or baas at center, im fine with. just leave petrus at lg and i guess DD can play LT even tho he is horrible, utterly horrible

[quote user="giantsfan420"]even more important imo is petrus. i bet baas would play 10x better if petrus was next to him.

rewatch the 2 pt conversion. petrus pulls and seals off a huge block. it was nearly perfect and what we need for the run game to work. he can improve his pass blocking some but even then, he is very aggressive and plays with a mean streak.

boothe or baas at center, im fine with. just leave petrus at lg and i guess DD can play LT even tho he is horrible, utterly horrible[/quote]

He sealed off a block against a safety, it was a reasonable block but nothing that special. Much better in my oppinion (as an O-lineman, and an O-line coach) was the pull and then cut of 2 middle rushers on the td run just before the 2pt conversion.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.....Leave Boothe and Petrus in, they will only get better the longer they work together. Diehl is a little to slow to work outside, that's my opinion, but hey they didn't get Eli killed so...

Petrus has been a pleasent surprise. He has that physical nasty look to him.

I doubt they will mess with the Oline now that it is working. It is a shame that Baas did not work out as expected. To an extent, They may be giving Baas an injury excuse so that he doesn't have egg on his face for losing his starting job. However, we do need him as a backup in case Boothe is injured.
    Do not feed the trolls.

I'm starting to think Baas was a bit of a bust

[quote user="BigBlue wins"]I'm starting to think Baas was a bit of a bust
    [/quote]

Boothe has definitely played better than Baas.

Baas was playing pretty nice in passing situations, but his run blocking is atrocious.

At this point, Id rather have Eli lining up under Center more often and us racking up the rush yards, than Baas snapping, allowing more shotgun looks for Eli and not being able to establish a run game at all
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Mercury"]I doubt they will mess with the Oline now that it is working.* It is a shame that Baas did not work out as expected.* To an extent, They may be giving Baas an injury excuse so that he doesn't have egg on his face for losing his starting job.* However, we do need him as a backup in case Boothe is injured.*
    [/quote]
    hopefully they dont, even BJ was getting yards... he looks totally different, and it might be cause of the line.
    “JPP said there would be blood in the water,” Scandrick said. “Did he even have a stat today?”