+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baas to LG, Boothe to C?

Since we can't really improve the OL with anyone outside the org. to my knowledge, maybe we can reshuffle it a little? Baas was a G for the 9ers. Boothe did well at C last year. He certainly was getting more push than Baas and even more push than he's getting himself as a G. Plus Boothe is just of a bigger girth which I'd think would help more at C almost functioning as a makeshift moveable wall. Baas always seemed undersized to me at C, he certainly plays small. He's more of a finesse guy, and I dont know if thats a better option at C where I'd rather just have a guy plug it up and be more powerful...

Just trying to think this OL issue out...

I'll be honest, I never knew that much about Baas. If he did play guard was he decent?

Didn't Boothe botch a couple of snaps when he played C? IIRC that's why Baas is in that position. Then again I could just be misremembering...

He did have one or two botched snap, but so has Baas. Baas was a G for the 9ers and was pretty good too, nothing that stood out really. They moved him to C, IIRC bc of an injury situation and he played C for 2(?) years before we signed him.

Baas is more uncertain for me, but I am certain he didnt get it done from C last year, and last night he was up against the Dallas backup and was pretty average and thats being kind. He just doesn't seem to get any leverage or push after the snap. And when Boothe was C, we actually did get decent push. I believe our better run games occurred when Boothe was at C last year...

But really, what other choices are there? Its not like we have any options. Maybe Boothe next to Snee can help out DD more I dunno, at this point, it may be worth trying if for nothing else, your showing the players that it ain't working right now and it aint right, and that we're gonna make it right one way or the other

what really sucks is we have virtually no depth at the moment so we cant even threaten these guys job security. I mean Beatty back at LT may help a ton bc we can move Lckler to RT and have more stability at the edges. But the interior is putrid too...? Maybe Lockler to RT, DD to LG, Boothe to C??

when beatty gets back we could see some mixing and matchig with the extended rest

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    what really sucks is we have virtually no depth at the moment so we cant even threaten these guys job security. I mean Beatty back at LT may help a ton bc we can move Lckler to RT and have more stability at the edges. But the interior is putrid too...? Maybe Lockler to RT, DD to LG, Boothe to C??

when beatty gets back we could see some mixing and matchig with the extended rest
    Didn't beatty play a few snaps as a tackle-eligible?

he did, almost exclusively on DD side to give him help. we also have our rb's and TE's help DD out too...he's killing us

Banned
    We better figure it out quick because besides our division foes (even Washington) having a good pass rush, we got Baltimore, Pitt and San Fran to deal with. We got a good team but if they don't get this figured out, we're gonna be way too worn out and beat up to compete with anybody.

When the schedules first came out, I said whatever we're The Champs but after watching that season opener and knowing we're gonna get every team's biggest punch, I immediately humbled up and realized we got some serious work to do if we wanna get back.

Veteran
    Baas is such a huge step down from O'Hara, it's not even funny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
    Baas is such a huge step down from O'Hara, it's not even funny.
    A HUGE step down.