+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Free agent cornerbacks available for Giants

I hope that Reese is looking to bring in a veteran cornerback on Monday. We need someone with experience to start other than Justin Tryon. I think Dominique Franks (Atlanta) and Drayton Florence (Denver) and Ashton Youboty (Jacksonville) or even Antwan Molden (Giants) are all available. I would look to release Petrus again and sign a veteran defensive back. Youboty and Molden both know Perry's Fewell's system. Franks has the most upside because he started for the Falcons in the playoffs last year. I know we need to sign someone. It is not a panic move but this roster is too talented to allow an inferior DB to cause you the game. Tryon made two really bad plays, one a 30 yard touchdown and another the last first down to end the game. If we had a veteran in that position he may have given up those plays but he may have tipped the ball away giving Eli another shot at the end of the game.

Go Giants !!!

I wouldn't be averse to bringing in an FA corner just from looking at how thin the depth is...

Hear what you are saying BUT......I would rather trade for a more proven CB than pick up somebody's throw away player that couldn't make the final cut.

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    Hear what you are saying BUT......I would rather trade for a more proven CB than pick up somebody's throw away player that couldn't make the final cut.
    Who would you trade though? Or would you just cough up a draft pick?

freaking release tt he is done sign one of the above mentioned players. dont give up picks and see what happen when princess comes back
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 4 games

13 rushes for 100 yards and a td
    13pancake blocks
    16 tackles 1 sack (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    4-0 record

At least bring up that Scott kid off the practice squad.. Whats the deal with Bruce Johnson? Did he get hurt? He had showed some solid promise the yr before last..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Whats the deal with Bruce Johnson? Did he get hurt? He had showed some solid promise the yr before last..
    IR, shoulder injury.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    freaking release tt he is done sign one of the above mentioned players. dont give up picks and see what happen when princess comes back
    We did cut him, iirc...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    At least bring up that Scott kid off the practice squad.. Whats the deal with Bruce Johnson? Did he get hurt? He had showed some solid promise the yr before last..
    Isn't he a safety anyway?

I NEVER advocate big trades or FA acquisitions, but i think it is warranted. Either at CB or OL (preferably CB). We need to have a better secondary or we are screwed.