+ Reply to Thread

My 2 cents about it......

We need to fix the OL and we need to resolve the CB issue. How does a team that went through all the CB injuries a year ago, only go 5 deep on the depth chart for the following season? We should have at least 6 CBs on the roster for situations such as this. The OL problem is something where we can correct it internally I feel. Get Beatty back at LT, Boothe is good at LG, Baas C, Snee RG, then for RT Diehl. And teach Wilson to hold the ball higher when he carries........Also I think JR knows that the T2 signing was garbage.......he is of no use to us this year. That botched signing actually bugs me more than Prince's inability to get onto the field for us. I would rather have Hosley playing that second spot than Tryon........that guy looks plain awful.

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    We need to fix the OL and we need to resolve the CB issue. How does a team that went through all the CB injuries a year ago, only go 5 deep on the depth chart for the following season? We should have at least 6 CBs on the roster for situations such as this. The OL problem is something where we can correct it internally I feel. Get Beatty back at LT, Boothe is good at LG, Baas C, Snee RG, then for RT Diehl. And teach Wilson to hold the ball higher when he carries........Also I think JR knows that the T2 signing was garbage.......he is of no use to us this year. That botched signing actually bugs me more than Prince's inability to get onto the field for us. I would rather have Hosley playing that second spot than Tryon........that guy looks plain awful.
    Well we entered pre-season with 8-10 CB and a few of the top guys went down. Not gonna find starting calibre DB's in pre-season. Not an excuse, just a fact. Our OL is more frustrating. We adding nothing special in the off season and our draft choices were all weak. Then Petrus and Brewer turn pathetic. This is an ongoing issue for us and a repeat of last year. Grrrrrr

The only way to fix this is through coaching because that type of talent isn't going to show up until the off season.
    This is kind of similar to when we got caught short on safeties a few years ago. We knew the problem in the off season and did nothing really to solve it.
    No one remembers who came in second.