+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Oline Lacks a Leader. Big problem IMO

These guys are all NFL players and should be performing way better individually and as a unit. In listening to Shaun O'Hara's retirement speech the other day he kept mentioning chemistry, bonds, comradery, and the oline as a unit. He was the leader and Seubert was the glue and inspiration. I don't think the Giants have that right now. Snee is not a leader in the true sense of the word IMO and Deihl, while a long timer and great teamate doesn't seem like the leader either. The Oline needs to "get together". The need to bond and Baas has to step up and be the vocal leader. He is the center and makes the calls. They are lacking in unity.
    I am of the belief that what separates the really good NFL players from the so so players lies more with desire and drive then it does with talent. The Oline needs drive, desire, and leadership. Right now its seems they have none of that.

Just my 2cents
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

What you are talking about your two cents? You make a lot of sense.

not really ,need better talent, these late rounders not doing it and snee is on the decline of his great career.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    not really ,need better talent, these late rounders not doing it and snee is on the decline of his great career.
    That is true to but we still have to wait and see. I think if we get that leader, he can direct the offense better so the protection can be there.

eh, I'd say DD is a leader. but the best way to lead is by example. kinda tough to pick a leader in that regard...I think we need to mix things up. We cant go outside the org if theres no viable options, so these guys know their jobs are safe and thats a serius issue imho. Move Lockler to RT when Beatty returns to LT. Those should be the only 2 who have their positions solidified.
    the interior, have DD try out at LG, have boothe try out at C, have Baas try LG...form the best interior from there. Baas was a G at SF, maybe he isnt a complete waste there. Boothe did do well at C in terms of the blocking, he did have an issue or two with the snapping, but I'd trade off on that if we got push on run plays.
    thats the one thing i'm hanging my hat on, that beatty aint back yet, and the OL could look and perform much differently when he does get back...hopefully

Reese ignored the OL in free agency and the first three rounds. Then he spent big cap money on TT after two major knee injuries. He should have used that money towards a quality OT like Eric Winston (now in KC).

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Reese ignored the OL in free agency and the first three rounds. Then he spent big cap money on TT after two major knee injuries. He should have used that money towards a quality OT like Eric Winston (now in KC).
    How much of TT's salary counted against the cap this year?

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    These guys are all NFL players and should be performing way better individually and as a unit. In listening to Shaun O'Hara's retirement speech the other day he kept mentioning chemistry, bonds, comradery, and the oline as a unit. He was the leader and Seubert was the glue and inspiration. I don't think the Giants have that right now. Snee is not a leader in the true sense of the word IMO and Deihl, while a long timer and great teamate doesn't seem like the leader either. The Oline needs to "get together". The need to bond and Baas has to step up and be the vocal leader. He is the center and makes the calls. They are lacking in unity.
    I am of the belief that what separates the really good NFL players from the so so players lies more with desire and drive then it does with talent. The Oline needs drive, desire, and leadership. Right now its seems they have none of that.

Just my 2cents
    Non of us on this MB have any idea about the leadership dynamics on the OL. You are just assuming that there is a lack of leadership because the play has not been good.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Non of us on this MB have any idea about the leadership dynamics on the OL. You are just assuming that there is a lack of leadership because the play has not been good.
    You are right....Thats why I specifically said "IMO"......It is my opinion just like we all have.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    eh, I'd say DD is a leader. but the best way to lead is by example. kinda tough to pick a leader in that regard...I think we need to mix things up. We cant go outside the org if theres no viable options, so these guys know their jobs are safe and thats a serius issue imho. Move Lockler to RT when Beatty returns to LT. Those should be the only 2 who have their positions solidified.
    the interior, have DD try out at LG, have boothe try out at C, have Baas try LG...form the best interior from there. Baas was a G at SF, maybe he isnt a complete waste there. Boothe did do well at C in terms of the blocking, he did have an issue or two with the snapping, but I'd trade off on that if we got push on run plays.
    thats the one thing i'm hanging my hat on, that beatty aint back yet, and the OL could look and perform much differently when he does get back...hopefully
    not saying that leadersip is the ultimate fix but nohwere else on the team is cohesiveness and chemistry so important. Deihl is a vet who seems but I still think that no one has stepped into the type of role that O'Hara had. Just specualation on my part.