+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Dallas built their D for us, remember that...

Another thing that has me more calm and level headed is that Dallas literally went out of their way to build their defense with our offense in mind. And really, it still didn't matter. If we didn't literally beat ourselves badly, that game should have been an easy victory.

The rest of the upcoming schedule, aside from Philly who like Dallas also built their D to be able to match our offense, we face teams who don't have two good starting quality corners. They were able to offset what we do with our pass game to a degree. But it still wasn't enough imho, again, those drive killing drops and horrid run game was more of a factor in the loss than their secondary, but it still was improved.

And it was game 1 so our offense wasn't even really clicking. I have no doubt that we will have a ton more success starting with TB and then Carolina, which will give the offense time to build the chemistry up. Philly and Dallas will be tougher, but still not enough imho to stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Another thing that has me more calm and level headed is that Dallas literally went out of their way to build their defense with our offense in mind. And really, it still didn't matter. If we didn't literally beat ourselves badly, that game should have been an easy victory.

The rest of the upcoming schedule, aside from Philly who like Dallas also built their D to be able to match our offense, we face teams who don't have two good starting quality corners. They were able to offset what we do with our pass game to a degree. But it still wasn't enough imho, again, those drive killing drops and horrid run game was more of a factor in the loss than their secondary, but it still was improved.

And it was game 1 so our offense wasn't even really clicking. I have no doubt that we will have a ton more success starting with TB and then Carolina, which will give the offense time to build the chemistry up. Philly and Dallas will be tougher, but still not enough imho to stop us.
    Rob ryan wanted to blitz a lot, but unlike rex, he didnt have the corners to do so last year. this year he does. It would be naive to think dallas built that defense just to stop us only. they built that defense because it goes along with Rob ryans coaching style. he wants to send the pressure and play tight man to man.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 09-07-2012 at 02:44 PM.

the cowboys organization themselves said they had to fix their backend bc of the success we were having on them. we won 5 of the last 6 vs them w their one win in that spin from Kitna in 2010...i know they didnt build it to solely defend us, but they had us on their minds when retooling their defense...and it was improved from past few years but again, if we didnt literally fumble and drop the game away, i think we win pretty easily. i know, shoulda woulda coulda with the goal line bs or the drops or the run game but still, i really felt until that midway of the 3rd we were going to win and should have been up a couple possessions. we couldnt get out of our own way...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Rob ryan wanted to blitz a lot, but unlike rex, he didnt have the corners to do so last year. this year he does. It would be naive to think dallas built that defense just to stop us only. they built that defense because it goes along with Rob ryans coaching style. he wants to send the pressure and play tight man to man.
    Dude Jerry Jones said it right outta his mouth that they got those corners to beat our offense Cruz and Nicks had over 550 yards last year in Two games against Dallas If they win both games last year you think they get rid of Newman and move up in the Draft, I don't think so.

You generally have your division rivals in mind when building your teams... you DO have to face them twice a year.

It's a passing league...if you can't stop the pass, you lose. Kudos to Dallas for spending their salary cap money wisely.

I wish we spent the TT money on OL. But kudos to Reese for signing Bennett and trading for Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    It's a passing league...if you can't stop the pass, you lose. Kudos to Dallas for spending their salary cap money wisely.

I wish we spent the TT money on OL. But kudos to Reese for signing Bennett and trading for Rivers.
    To me the corners that Dallas got have yet to be seen if it was money well spent I'm not sold on Carr and Claiborne yet we did show a lot of rust.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the cowboys organization themselves said they had to fix their backend bc of the success we were having on them. we won 5 of the last 6 vs them w their one win in that spin from Kitna in 2010...i know they didnt build it to solely defend us, but they had us on their minds when retooling their defense...and it was improved from past few years but again, if we didnt literally fumble and drop the game away, i think we win pretty easily. i know, shoulda woulda coulda with the goal line bs or the drops or the run game but still, i really felt until that midway of the 3rd we were going to win and should have been up a couple possessions. we couldnt get out of our own way...
    i feel your pain bro, trust me. That loss hurts me just as much as it hurts you, but in all honestly dallas was the better team. if it were just metal errors i'd understand. But they won the physical battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Dude Jerry Jones said it right outta his mouth that they got those corners to beat our offense Cruz and Nicks had over 550 yards last year in Two games against Dallas If they win both games last year you think they get rid of Newman and move up in the Draft, I don't think so.
    Last year their secondary was their weakness on defense. This year they upgraded the secondary. We werent the only team smoking them with the passing attack. I believe he had us in mind, But like i said, if you look at it from a more general and broad standpoint, it would be naive to think they upgraded their secondary because of us only. The eagles were exposing them last year also

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    You generally have your division rivals in mind when building your teams... you DO have to face them twice a year.
    Exactly! All you need to do is win your Division. Learn how to beat the 3 other teams on a consistant basis and you'll be in the playoffs every year.