+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

21/32 213 Yards 1 TD

What Are Your Thoughts On Eli Manning's Week 1 Performance vs Cowboys?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Banned
    It was alright. He should've threw it 20 more times.

Eli's performance was fine. His numbers would have been better if Mr Cruz decided to catch those 3 gimme passes that he dropped. 2 of them would have prolonged drives. Also consider he didn't have much time to throw.....their D-Line lived in our backfield. He was about what you'd expect given the circumstances.

The O line didn't give him time, the run didn't put him in good second down position and there were too many drops. They clean a few of these things up and he will look a ton better.

Banned
    All in all Eli Manning had a good performance. He did miss on the throw that would have been a sure TD but he was fine. Even with the 6 drops his rating was 95.4 which really doesn’t mean anything because we lot.

Eli Manning made some nice decisions and I think we will see a further evolution to Eli Manning’s game this year and he will be even better than he was last year.

I bELIeve.

i think eli looked like he was playing at a level similar to the postseason run.

he played as well as a qb could play without getting help from the rest of the O. No run game, poor pass protection, and drops...and he still had us in it with a shot at OT. Im telling u guys, eli is gonna have an mvp like season.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i think eli looked like he was playing at a level similar to the postseason run.

he played as well as a qb could play without getting help from the rest of the O. No run game, poor pass protection, and drops...and he still had us in it with a shot at OT. Im telling u guys, eli is gonna have an mvp like season.
    Not if that O-Line doesn't protect his @ss. We got the Steelers, Ravens, San Fran, and every other pass rush happy team in the league on our schedule. They gotta get better NOW.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceS59 View Post
    Not if that O-Line doesn't protect his @ss. We got the Steelers, Ravens, San Fran, and every other pass rush happy team in the league on our schedule. They gotta get better NOW.
    Wow I just expressed my concern about facing those teams with our O line just a couple minutes ago. Our O line needs to get better and needs to do so like right now. Every team will be coming after SuperBowl Champions and Eli Manning is a big target. He is toughest QB in NFL but damn it we need to protect him. We don’t want defenses teeing off on him. He is our franchise and I find it so hard to fathom that we did nothing in the off season to refortify our offensive line. It is unreal.

I bELIeve.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that offensive line film session.

Veteran
    A-

He did all he could with no support from the run game or oline.