+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

ELI needs to throw the ball more...

...i think its safe to say that this running game will go nowhere, it went nowhere last year it will go even farther nowhere this year, the offensive line IS TERRIBLE, i think its time to let eli throw the ball 60 times a game and that is no joke, bradshaw is great but he is not the type of back that can do it himself without an o-line if you wanna win put this game in eli's hands how about going with a no huddle we have nevver dont that before and its where eli is best let the guy call the game is brother is peyton manning for god sakes he has learn from the best and has one more super bowl win then the "best" so jesus use your brain and stop doing the same run play over n over again its so annoying put the ball in this guys hands its so obvious its what to do and guess what that will probably end up opening the running game, throw the ball 3 quarters and then throw in a running play here n their you have great wide outs that can brea k out a huge play any down it was shown in the playoffs how many times did you see nicks running down the field for 50 60 yards catching hail marry's isnt it obvious that we just need to put the ball in eli's hands , just do it give it a wack, who cares at this point we need to put points on the board, the d-line cant do everything cuz thats the only way our secondary will loook good is if these guys get after the qb and that did not happen last week. eli effin manning all i gotta say.

The still need to run the ball. Play action will never work if they can't get the running game going.

Banned
    dude, the running game is never gonna work , is that not obvious it will NEVER WORK u gotta throw the ball more then 31 times a game man, esp with eli, mccnab used to do it wit westbrook, guy used to have 12 carries for like 100 yards cuz they threw the ball alot mcnabb used to average like 45 tosses, something we need to consider, our 0-LINE IS AWFUL, throw the ball downfield u have great receivers, hixon even looks good it will open the running game up in weeks to come. just do it. its simple. i dont see what u could see wrong in that. THROW THE FN BALL.

Banned
    spread the defense out when was the last time, eli had 5 wideouts on the field and no runningbacks? imagine what they could do with, cruz, nicks, hixon, barden, jernigan out on the field? or whoever the 5th would be it would be lethal, spread the defense out.

So you want our offense to look like Green Bays offense. I get it. I just don't see it happening. You don't draft a running back in the first round to throw the ball 50 times a game.

Banned
    We desperately need to refortify our offensive line. I really thought we were going to do something to improve them this off season but unfortunately we didn’t. After watching the game the other night I am very concerned about our offensive line. We play San Fransisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers this year. Those teams love to go after and attack the QB. Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles will be going after Eli Manning really hard and we already know how Dallas Cowboys will be attacking after seeing what they did the other night. Heck, the best blocker on our offensive line so far this season is Martellius Bennet. We may have to throw a lot this year and the no huddle may be a good idea. We all know that Eli Manning may be toughest QB in NFL but we don’t want to see him take too many hits.

We need some protection for Eli Manning and if that means no huddle and throwing more then so be it. Maybe there is a way to get the guys we already have to play better and get better at protecing the QB. Heres to hoping that coaches come up with answer soon before Eli Manning takes too many hits.

I bELIeve.

Banned
    YES spread the defense, we have the wide outs to do it we will be so much better, yes yes, thats what i think we should do why not, we never do it, hwo about some hurry up offense change it up, the giants do the same thing every god dam game, what do you see good in running the ball sometimes when it goes nowhere pal????

Hey, I'm not saying the Giants are having success running the ball. What I'm saying is, I don't see them giving up on the run. Drafting a running back pretty much says we want to get better running the ball. In the playoffs they ran the ball better....wound up winning a superbowl. As long as Tom Coughlin is coach he'll want to have a run game.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    We desperately need to refortify our offensive line. I really thought we were going to do something to improve them this off season but unfortunately we didn’t. After watching the game the other night I am very concerned about our offensive line. We play San Fransisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers this year. Those teams love to go after and attack the QB. Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles will be going after Eli Manning really hard and we already know how Dallas Cowboys will be attacking after seeing what they did the other night. Heck, the best blocker on our offensive line so far this season is Martellius Bennet. We may have to throw a lot this year and the no huddle may be a good idea. We all know that Eli Manning may be toughest QB in NFL but we don’t want to see him take too many hits.

We need some protection for Eli Manning and if that means no huddle and throwing more then so be it. Maybe there is a way to get the guys we already have to play better and get better at protecing the QB. Heres to hoping that coaches come up with answer soon before Eli Manning takes too many hits.

I bELIeve.
    I'm sure it was an unforgiving film session with the offensive line. They have to get better right now. Can't have Eli on his back every other drop back.

i wouldnt abandon the run. id try and establish it every game, however, if it is failing miserably, i would abandon it. i see where ur coming from OP. still cant believe we couldnt even punch it in for a TD two yards out...smh. same as last year. put the ball in elis hands, he gives us the best shot at winning. the only thing the run game did vs dallas was bail them out...