+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Still really upset about our defence

We pretty much have the exact same unit from last year, we lost Ross and Grant. It was not just Coe and Tyron blowing coverages.

We did not get much pressure on Romo, and CWeb and Rolle looked bad we had several blown coverages, I mean what gives? This is the team that shut down the packers and the patriots.

Well this is a new season so the humans body changes, they don't stay the same. I also see that Cowboys are really a high scoring team so we should think that they are going to beat our defense. The Packers, Pats and some other teams are made to score a lot of points. I get my football knowledge from those type of teams and see that our offense should be able to combat Dallas defense and they did. Yet we just didn't make enough plays, dallas made more or both.
    I also see that the score could have been more than it really is on Dallas's side cause the Giants D had troubles stopping them. The Packers did dropped passes in the NFC Playoffs but even if they did catch the ball, our Giants would have still won the game. Dallas was also due for a win. We beat them what 5 out of 6 times? We should know Dallas has a good offense. Romo is a threat as we tend to not look at that. Our D-line can't do it alone all of the time cause some teams will improve their O-lines. Also our D-line may go up O-lines that are able to match our D-line. I think a lot of posters don't look at that cause they lack football knowledge. Many posters don't realize that Dallas players improve just like ours. If the posters do know, they sure don't act like it.

I remember feeling the same way last year when Fewell kept dialing up these vanilla defenses and yes there were those blown coverages in the secondary early in the season. Not offering this as any type of excuse just a perspective that this feels awfully familiar (in a not so good way)
    No one remembers who came in second.

Bench Player
    Dallas had one of their best games of the last 5 years, and we had one of our worst, but there were some bright spots.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    We pretty much have the exact same unit from last year, we lost Ross and Grant. It was not just Coe and Tyron blowing coverages.

We did not get much pressure on Romo, and CWeb and Rolle looked bad we had several blown coverages, I mean what gives? This is the team that shut down the packers and the patriots.
    I'm with you bro. I've heard from several people on this board that the Giants brought all this pressure on Romo but that didn't happen or when it did happen, he made a play. I mean how much pressure could the Giants bring when Tuck and Osi dissapeared?

All-Pro
    The defense was worn down by the end of the first half and really didn't recover in the second. However, they played very well for the majority of the first half. Yes, they need to play a complete game, but I think it is being a little short sighted to put that all on the defense. The offense must take some of the blame. The offense was not very good for most of the game, putting the defense on the field way too often. Eventually, the defense is going to start breaking down.

I guess what I am saying is, this was a team loss, and the offense had as much to do with that as the defense. In fact, I would put more blame on the offense. The D is banged up, the O should have done more to compensate for that, and they failed miserably.

I like Rolle. He is not a very good cover safety, but he does a good job against the run and usually among the leaders in team tackles. Kenny Phillips is a better cover safety. Webster is a very average CB. There are a lot of average CBs in the nfl, but if you catch 5 ints during the season, people are ready to send you to the super bowl. A CB who is constantly knocking away passes as well as get a lot of ints are usually the good CB. I believe Webster biggest weakness is that he lack the speed need to catch up with receivers after he gets beat. I can't wait to see what the Prince can do. If I was drafting a CB, beside cover skills, I would look for speed and height.

one game....and the first game.....
    the pass rush will be there
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    one game....and the first game.....
    the pass rush will be there
    Its one game under the same defensive coordinator they had for years....this mistakes SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING. Its like our defenders dont watch any game film and is confused with certain formations and who to cover in zones. This team better be doing the extra work watching film and knowing each of their responsibiliites in the defense play call in relation to the formation the offense comes out in.

This is the absolute truth. You even seen it last year when playing the Saints...the confusion with certain formations they came out in. Against the cowboys you seen the same thing....Rolle is trying to help Tuck out in zone instead of doing his assignment. Just like Webster got caught looking in the backfield on the double move. These guys need to trust each other.

Veteran
    Well it all falls on Tuck now.. He's the Captain so it's his job and responsibility to make sure week 2 goes down how week 1 "Should have". If they fail...he failed them...not the other way around