+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mind-set

Banned

mind-set

some guys on here are saying that tuck is not 100% and i realize he's not because of the injury that keeps nagging him, but i look at Bradshaw and he's injured even worse than Tuck but comes into the game with something to prove...

Re: mind-set

Two things, first, how do you determine Bradshaw is injured worse than tuck?

And second, at what point during the cowboy game did Bradshaw show anything at all? I'd say he did even less than Tuck, in fact.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]Two things, first, how do you determine Bradshaw is injured worse than tuck?

And second, at what point during the cowboy game did Bradshaw show anything at all? I'd say he did even less than Tuck, in fact.[/quote]

Well said.

Banned

[quote user="slipknottin"]Two things, first, how do you determine Bradshaw is injured worse than tuck?

And second, at what point during the cowboy game did Bradshaw show anything at all? I'd say he did even less than Tuck, in fact.[/quote]

Bradshaw has broken bones on both his feet, and at RB thats kinda bad.... on the injury report Tuck is listed as having a toe injury.

Toe is just the latest injury to Tuck. He's had neck and groin issues this year. And yes, a toe injury can keep a player out of the game. Tuck would not be the first.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Banned

[quote user="Mercury"]Toe is just the latest injury to Tuck.* He's had neck and groin issues this year.* And yes, a toe injury can keep a player out of the game.* Tuck would not be the first.*
    [/quote]

im just saying Tuck is supposed to be a defensive leader...

[quote user="giantscolombia"][quote user="Mercury"]Toe is just the latest injury to Tuck.* He's had neck and groin issues this year.* And yes, a toe injury can keep a player out of the game.* Tuck would not be the first.*
    [/quote]

im just saying Tuck is supposed to be a defensive leader...[/quote]

Which means what? He can't get hurt?

Banned

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="giantscolombia"][quote user="Mercury"]Toe is just the latest injury to Tuck.* He's had neck and groin issues this year.* And yes, a toe injury can keep a player out of the game.* Tuck would not be the first.*
    [/quote]

im just saying Tuck is supposed to be a defensive leader...[/quote]

Which means what? He can't get hurt?[/quote]

well he is human, so obviously he can get hurt. what im trying to get at is the fact that Bradshaw has an injury like Tuck has an injury but unlike Tuck he doesnt complain, and make excuses about his play.

No, instead he breaks rules and gets benched half the game.

I haven't heard Tuck making excuses, he knows he has been far less effective this season, but he's fighting through it and trying to help.

I think some people around here believe all of the crap they see in the movies or on TV. This isn't "The Terminator" where someone gets hurt or shot but they just keep willing themselves to fight and win as a result of their "mind set". This is real life. These guys go up against the best players in their respective positions and in order to prevail they have to beat the other guy. All of these guys in the NFL are exceptional athletes and there really isn't a whole lot of difference between someone who isgood and someone who is the best. When a great player gets injured (especially multiple injuries throughout the course of many weeks like a neck or groin or ankle or toe or all of the above as in Tuck's case) guess what happens? They cannot play at the same level they played at prior to getting injured, no matter what their "mind set" is. They will not be as effective, period. many folks on here have gotten on Tuck because he came out and admitted he was playing like crap and was honest about how frustrating it is to him. But to attribute his poor play to mind set is nonsense and to compare him to Bradshaw as if their injuries were the same or Bradshaw's are more debilitating is utter nonesense as well. No one on here knows how debilitating either player's injuries are as compared to the other.