+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Canty?

Chris Canty?

I know most of you guys think he's overpaid and one of the things that were over looked in Wednesday's ( cause our CBs were getting burned) game was that Dallas had over 130 yrds rushing!! I don't know about you guys but that concerns me and Chris Canty is one of our best run stoppers. This guy is desperately needed and we don't get him back till week 6 or 7. This is a major concern to me because if our d-line doesn't get better a stopping the run1st the back end of our defense will continue to get burned cause then you gotta load the box to stop the run and then you leave those corners on an island by themselves. He's ( Canty) is a big body and when Tuck and Jpp are getting doubled he can wreak havoc in the middle and get in the back field and either stop the runner or sack the QB.

You are right, I think Rocky Bernard did well in the first third of the game he did fine but I think he ran out of gas.... Canty will be needed! Getting Austin back would be a plus as well.

All-Pro
    They where doing good against the run in the 1st half. Take away that one play where there cold have been a holding call and they might not break 100 yards. I'm worried about Canty. They do miss him, and I'm not sure he will be at full speed this year. Seems like there is more to his injury than hey are letting us know.

Having only three active DTs, one of them being a 7th round rookie, plus it being the first time Rocky was asked to start and play major snaps in three years is probably just as big an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    You are right, I think Rocky Bernard did well in the first third of the game he did fine but I think he ran out of gas.... Canty will be needed! Getting Austin back would be a plus as well.
    He did do well but to me is just not as consistent as Canty. not taking anything from Murry.. but 130 ehhh..

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Having only three active DTs, one of them being a 7th round rookie, plus it being the first time Rocky was asked to start and play major snaps in three years is probably just as big an issue.
    Definitely even more the reason we need him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    They where doing good against the run in the 1st half. Take away that one play where there cold have been a holding call and they might not break 100 yards. I'm worried about Canty. They do miss him, and I'm not sure he will be at full speed this year. Seems like there is more to his injury than hey are letting us know.
    yeah but there was one play I think it was Kiwi and he completely missed the tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Definitely even more the reason we need him back.
    They need Austin in the rotation too.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They need Austin in the rotation too.
    Does anyone know when Austin is due back?

All-Pro
    I hope Austin can shake off the rust because they could use him.