+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RT next season

Hybrid View

Bench Player

RT next season

are there any decent free agent ROT's available this off-season? i have not seen any name that stands out.
    Are the Giants confident that Brewer can be the answer there in his 2nd year?
    What are some good prospects in the upcoming draft who may be able to start right away or after one season?
    If underclassmen like Flucker or Wagner declare i think we may select one in the 2nd round.
    The Sr class does not look good.
    Adams is not a great run blocker.
    Osemele is projected as a OG because he may be too big for the edge.
    Datko keeps getting injured,.
    No one else comes to mind as a RT.
    your opinions pls.

Re: RT next season

Its going to be hard finding a long time replacement for the durable Kareem. If Brewer doesn't pan out and if salary cap pulls the Giants out of a RT I easily can see the Giants giving Boothe a try at RT.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Bench Player

Boothe is so valuable as a areserve at G/C.
    it's weird there are more LT than RT top prospects.
    I don't remember how did Brewer perform in pre-season? showed potential or looked very raw?

Veteran

[quote user="deekay7685"]Boothe is so valuable as a areserve at G/C.
    it's weird there are more LT than RT top prospects.
    I don't remember how did Brewer perform in pre-season? showed potential or looked very raw?[/quote]

There's really no such thing as a top RT prospect. Most NFL RTs are left tackles that couldn't quite cut it. A 'RT only' coming out of college is a bad thing, for the most part.

That being said, I think they have Brewer as the RT next season, with King and Diehl as the backup tackles.

Really no such thing as a RT anymore. Every team in the league has, or attempts to have, a dynamic pass rusher on both sides, and of they don't have two guys, they move one guy around so he plays both sides.

You need excellent pass blockers on both sides now, so really you are looking for two LTs.

I want Diehl and K-Mack on the team next season, but only as depth. I think all of the starting line spots other than RG and LT are pretty much up for grabs, I wouldnt mind us drafting another OT in the top 3 rounds of the draft

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Brewer will be our RT for the future and he will be more then OK. Giants are awesome at grooming OL, look at the job petrus is doing. Beatty, petrus boothe bass brewer, (boothe n bass can switch also) that will be our starting ol next year. kmac is done and diehl is done. all the vets are due a bunch of money that they havent earned this year. Thanks for the memories, time for some new blooD!!

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]Brewer will be our RT for the future and he will be more then OK. Giants are awesome at grooming OL, look at the job petrus is doing. Beatty, petrus boothe bass brewer, (boothe n bass can switch also) that will be our starting ol next year. kmac is done and diehl is done. all the vets are due a bunch of money that they havent earned this year. Thanks for the memories, time for some new blooD!![/quote]

Its way to soon to say he will be the solution.

The guys is a physical specimen and definitely has the athleticism at his size. But, he hasnt been playing that long and coming out of college he really did lack technique. The Tackle position is so much about technique too.

Im not saying he isnt the answer, he certainly has the potential. But, at this point we have no idea how this kid will turn out. Even if he does work out, we still need depth at the position.

I don't see Diehl agreeing to be depth for the oline bench..........Kmac probably wouldn't appreciate it either. We would need to either trade or release them.....