+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Why the hell are yall panicking for??? This was the loss we need to light the fire!!

As a life time giant fan I have learned that the Giants need a humiliating loss in order to go on a streak. Yes Cruz dropped some balls!!! Yes Webster got burnt!!! Yes, our defensive line did not stop the run!!! Yes our offensive line did not block!!! And yes, Dallas won the game!!! But in all actuality, we was still in this game!!! We was only down 7 points with a chance to score again.

I believe Giants will come out in their next game with a dominating force. On top of that we have a long period before our next game. Giants coaches have time to fix these issues. So im not concerned at all. As sloppy as we looked we was still in it. If Dallas would have blown us out... maybe then I would be concerned!!! Hold your head Giant fans!!!

I

i sincerely hope so, and i believe it will happen too. i think its good the team fell off its high horse now, rather than later when we have the really tough stretch of games

Seriously to be panicking after this game means you had expectations way to high for this team.

You can't compete in this league in you can't defend the pass and our secondary was the greatest concern coming in the season !

As far as i'm concerned, this is what most games this season will look like, kinda like they did last year. Let's not forget, 5 solid-to-great games in a row don't transform a 8-7 team into a 12-4 one. Those 5 games will give you a Championship and that's obviously great, but it won't make you a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgundraw View Post
    Seriously to be panicking after this game means you had expectations way to high for this team.

You can't compete in this league in you can't defend the pass and our secondary was the greatest concern coming in the season !

As far as i'm concerned, this is what most games this season will look like, kinda like they did last year. Let's not forget, 5 solid-to-great games in a row don't transform a 8-7 team into a 12-4 one. Those 5 games will give you a Championship and that's obviously great, but it won't make you a good team.
    It didn't help that only one of our pro-bowler DE's played like a pro-bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It didn't help that only one of our pro-bowler DE's played like a pro-bowler.
    Pierre-Paul played awesome, he was disruptive on much of the snaps.
    Shame he was the only one ...

Panic and knee-jerk reactions are the hallmark of the GMB. Hang around here long enough and you'll come to expect it

You'd swear that the entire season was played in 1 game LOL

So my expectations of beating Dallas( who we have owned of late) were too high?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    So my expectations of beating Dallas( who we have owned of late) were too high?
    No, but before last season, the Giants owned the hell out of the Skins. Its a division rival, and like it or not, it happens sometimes. I think what shotgundraw is implying is that a LOT of people are fully expecting a repeat, despite the odds being incredibly stacked against them, and they're the ones who are going completely berserk after this loss. We all want a repeat. Some folks have their hearts set on one, and they are the ones who are screaming the loudest right now.

I'm not panicking about the game, i'm panicking about the level of play by the team. It just seemed like some of the guys out there didn't care (Cruz, Webster, Osi), and the few that did care either screwed up and weren't given a chance to redeem themselves (Wilson), injured (Coe, Nicks), or played their best but couldn't hold up the rest of the team (Eli, Rivers, Bennett, Hixon, JPP, Weatherford)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    No, but before last season, the Giants owned the hell out of the Skins. Its a division rival, and like it or not, it happens sometimes. I think what shotgundraw is implying is that a LOT of people are fully expecting a repeat, despite the odds being incredibly stacked against them, and they're the ones who are going completely berserk after this loss. We all want a repeat. Some folks have their hearts set on one, and they are the ones who are screaming the loudest right now.
    I do not expect a repeat at all, I do however expectus to beat Dallas in our own stadium the first game we get to defend out title