+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Feel cheated that Opening NFL Sunday is here

And we are not playing. We already laid our egg on Wednesday night. Now that has to stick in our craw for another whole week. All the excitement and antisapation of this great day for the other 30 teams almost means nothing to us. They are all still 0-0 right now and every fan base still has that feeling like this could be their year.
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-09-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    By the way no brainer on wanting the browns to upset the eagles...However I hate the Saints almost as much as Dallas, philly and skins cause I Live down on the gulf coast and all I hear is Who Dat this and awho Dat that, and how lucky we were to not have to play them cause they own us. I took major heat in person, by cell, by text and on Facebook from tons of saints fans for our performance wed. I want so bad for them to fail this season. However they open against a div foe of the giants. I guess I will have to endure the ridicule for another week and root for the saints to beat RG3.....darn

Also with us losing its nice to know either SF or GB will also start 0-1

Also our next two opponents are playing each other today.. Tampa vs Carolina so one of them will have at least 1 loss when we play them
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-09-2012 at 10:59 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Well next time you should tape any Giants game that comes out early then play it on Sudday. That should help.

Football is football. I'm just glad it's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Well next time you should tape any Giants game that comes out early then play it on Sudday. That should help.
    Week 3 @ Carolina is a Thursday nighter - four days after the week 2 Bucs game.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 09-09-2012 at 10:52 AM.

All-Pro
    Yeah, I am not as pumped up about the opening day of football as I usually am. In fact, I am going to go play some golf then catch the night game... to top that off, my golf buddy today is a Skins fan, he decided to record the game and watch it later... probably just to get some digs in on me.. LOL. Poor Skins fans, the highlight of their week is a Giants loss

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    No, not really what I meant.. It's just that you look forward to opening Sunday and were not part of it.. Id be less upset had we won Wednesday but still would think the day today had lost some of it luster due to us not being part of all the excitement
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-09-2012 at 11:06 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    No, not really what I meant.. It's just that you look forward to opening Sunday and were not part of it.. Id be less upset had we won Wednesday but still would think the day today had lost some of it luster due to us not being part of all the excitement
    Losers - Cowboys look forward to opening Sunday.

I'm still looking forward..... something has to take the pain of this loss away.

I don't like the Saints either, but they do presently own the Giants. Hopefully this years game will change that.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    I don't like the Saints either, but they do presently own the Giants. Hopefully this years game will change that.
    With that said I guess I cheer on saints today to give redskins first loss. Eagles prob beat Browns easy, so we don't want to be 0-1 looking up at three 1-0 teams above us
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.

4-New York Giants!!!!!