+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Practice will not fix this offensive line

David Diehl is not the only problem on this line. We have an absolute expensive dud playing center. Just go back and look at games from last season, and the loss on Wednesday, and you will see him constantly get blown up at the point of attack. Snee's play has consistently been in decline. I know Coughlin loves veterans who are familiar with the play book, but what difference does that make when a player lacks the physical tools to help this team win?

You cannot train a poodle to be a killer attack dog (no relations to Vick). This isn't about one loss. It's about a problem stemming all the way back to week one of last year. The players on this line are not built for the run game. No back would be successful behind this line. Boothe may have slimmed down, but even he has no push off the line. First things first. Get Diehl off this line ASAP! He's no longer serviceable. It may be time to look at making a change at center as well. However, I know that won't happen.

Eli cannot be at his best having to throw a majority of the time. His numbers could go through the roof if we could run the damn ball. Our play actions passing game is non-existent. What is Coughlin looking at? Does he not see what is blatantly obvious? I know the secondary is the other area of concern, but this line by far is the teams biggest achilles heal. This is the NFC east. We cannot become a run and shoot team and expect to go far.

Veteran
    There isn't much that can be done now. We just have to hope the coaches can learn to get the most out of what they have, and hope that the players step up and play beyond there expected abilities.

Yes, same problem from last year. Some blamed the backs, but it's the o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    David Diehl is not the only problem on this line. We have an absolute expensive dud playing center. Just go back and look at games from last season, and the loss on Wednesday, and you will see him constantly get blown up at the point of attack. Snee's play has consistently been in decline. I know Coughlin loves veterans who are familiar with the play book, but what difference does that make when a player lacks the physical tools to help this team win?

You cannot train a poodle to be a killer attack dog (no relations to Vick). This isn't about one loss. It's about a problem stemming all the way back to week one of last year. The players on this line are not built for the run game. No back would be successful behind this line. Boothe may have slimmed down, but even he has no push off the line. First things first. Get Diehl off this line ASAP! He's no longer serviceable. It may be time to look at making a change at center as well. However, I know that won't happen.

Eli cannot be at his best having to throw a majority of the time. His numbers could go through the roof if we could run the damn ball. Our play actions passing game is non-existent. What is Coughlin looking at? Does he not see what is blatantly obvious? I know the secondary is the other area of concern, but this line by far is the teams biggest achilles heal. This is the NFC east. We cannot become a run and shoot team and expect to go far.
    Right now Baas is looking like a big mistake for Reese.

We've drafted and developed ONE offensive lineman in 8 years!! Snee and THAT'S it!!

Seeing San Fran's oline really makes our line look like a pee-wee football oline.

Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    We've drafted and developed ONE offensive lineman in 8 years!! Snee and THAT'S it!!
    Correct. We overpaid for Antrel Rolle and Christ Canty when that money could have been spent on some quality linemen. I hope Reese and Coughlin are not this naive. The stubbornness regarding this line has to stop now. Slowly insert some of the younger guys and see what they can do. It can't get any worse.

Free Agency in February and the 2013 NFL Draft will fix this offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    Correct. We overpaid for Antrel Rolle and Christ Canty when that money could have been spent on some quality linemen. I hope Reese and Coughlin are not this naive. The stubbornness regarding this line has to stop now. Slowly insert some of the younger guys and see what they can do. It can't get any worse.
    canty is great when healthy but we may need to look at releasing his large contract, Rolle included. With that money we could sign a quality Offensive lineman and we use our 1st round pick on oline.

We lost by one td so if the O-line is that bad, then we should have less than 17 points. I know they aren't dominating but they are a decent bunch that can give Eli time. Also you can't judge by one game unless you are making a prediction.