+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Green Bay Packers apparently have never been beaten by anyone but themselves

After their loss to the 49ers:

"We beat ourselves. They really didn't beat us," cornerback Jarrett Bush said after the game, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

This is ridiculous. First it's Clay Matthews saying the Giants didn't beat them at all, merely they beat themselves. Now they lose again, and surprise surprise they beat themselves again!

It's unfortunate that the Green Bay Packers are in the same division as the Green Bay Packers because the Green Bay Packers really seem to have the Green Bay Packer's number.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    After their loss to the 49ers:

"We beat ourselves. They really didn't beat us," cornerback Jarrett Bush said after the game, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

This is ridiculous. First it's Clay Matthews saying the Giants didn't beat them at all, merely they beat themselves. Now they lose again, and surprise surprise they beat themselves again!

It's unfortunate that the Green Bay Packers are in the same division as the Green Bay Packers because the Green Bay Packers really seem to have the Green Bay Packer's number.
    Thats funny stuff, maybe that's their Team Motto for this year, "We play with ourselves and beat ourselves"
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

The Packers should play themselves all the time. They'd go undefeated -- or winless, depending on how you look at it.

I really see nothing wrong with a team feeling this way. Yeah it's pretty lame to not give credit, but I can't knock someone for having confidence in their team to the point where they feel like they can beat any team as long as they play their best.

That said, I don't think GB can beat teams like San Fran. Teams with phyiscal defenses push them around. Green Bay just isn't very tough and SF is as tough as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I really see nothing wrong with a team feeling this way. Yeah it's pretty lame to not give credit, but I can't knock someone for having confidence in their team to the point where they feel like they can beat any team as long as they play their best.

That said, I don't think GB can beat teams like San Fran. Teams with phyiscal defenses push them around. Green Bay just isn't very tough and SF is as tough as they come.
    It just comes down to their refusal to give credit to anyone. I get the whole "we feel like we're the best-Rex Ryan mentality" and it is good for a team to feel that way, but when you just straight up get outplayed I feel it is really lame to use that excuse every damn game. Packers fans, and their players too it seems just have that 'holier-than-thou' mentality.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post

Thats not confidence it's an excuse. They can feel like that all they want, but when you keep saying "we beat ourselves" every game, well that just means you have zero mental toughness to overcome your miscues' and cannot give credit to another teams ability to put together a better game than your team.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Its getting embarassing at this point. I'd be hanging my head in shame if I were a Packer fan.

The 49ers seem to be a very solid and more balanced team that has improved from last season after their Week 1 domination of the Green Bay Packers. Packers didn't play bad, but they were simply overwhlemed.

I'm not one to worry about other teams' ****, but this guy is an idiot. That is all

I watched the whole game and it really looked to me like SF won. But let me check just to make sure...hold on......yep SF by 8 points including a 63 yard FG.