+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Bucs run D yielded 10 yards vs. Panthers, should Giants even bother running the ball?

Ideally it would be nice to establish a running game of course, but if it doesn't work the first TWO series, I want to see the offense abandon the run game and just chuck it with Eli.

Anything inside 10 yard line, PASS on every down, I don't want to see god damn Bradshaw sneak one in running to the corner pylon only to lose 2 yards.

No more 1st and 2nd down running plays, I'm fed up with watching it never work.

But in reality I'm sure Gilbride will call more run plays to "surprise" the Bucs D, oh that would be hilarious, not. It'll probably end up like 6 points in the first half and losing to the Bucs 17 - Giants 12 on another failed late come-back attempt.

I wouldn't run the ball if I were you guys. All pass.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Optimistic I see! I honestly would love to see "god damn" Bradshaw run the ball the way we use to. You also can't just abandon the run completely and chuck the ball downfiend because then they are just going to drop their defenders back and start intercepting the ball. Nice try though..

Nothing says "predictable" more than if all we do is pass. SMH. We need to be able to figure out how to run the ball, and that starts with the O-line opening some god damn holes!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

probably a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Ideally it would be nice to establish a running game of course, but if it doesn't work the first TWO series, I want to see the offense abandon the run game and just chuck it with Eli.

Anything inside 10 yard line, PASS on every down, I don't want to see god damn Bradshaw sneak one in running to the corner pylon only to lose 2 yards.

No more 1st and 2nd down running plays, I'm fed up with watching it never work.

But in reality I'm sure Gilbride will call more run plays to "surprise" the Bucs D, oh that would be hilarious, not. It'll probably end up like 6 points in the first half and losing to the Bucs 17 - Giants 12 on another failed late come-back attempt.
    with Bradshaw's terrible display from last week's cant even punched it in at the goal line, I bet the Bucs are laughing in the locker room right now about the week 2 game. Bucs will make Bradshaw suffer the same way as what they did to Deangelo Williams.

Bench Player
    You're still gonna want to try to run of course. I can't remember the last time I saw any D swarm like we were last Sunday and they played lights out against the run. But the thing you have to realize is we loaded up the box on Carolina because we don't respect Cam Newtons passing ability at all. Ya he got his 300 plus on us but when's the last time you say Cam pick a defense apart with short or mid range passes into tight windows? He's all about the deep pass, catch receivers behind the coverage passing and that isn't worth a darn in the redzone. With Eli we are going to have to be more aware of the mid range game and we wont be able to focus on the run as much. That being said I really think our defense is way better especially run wise and you probably won't get much. But just to keep us on our toes you're going to want to at least attempt to be balanced. Try to catch the rookies sleeping. I gotta say though, along with the rest of the D, Barron and David played like monsters. Real happy Dom didn't fall for the Trent Richardson or claibourne hype.

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85
    Nice try though..
    When you guys figure it out, I'll start my game plan. Until then, I am going to go select some more plays from Tecmo for my playbook. We're up 7 now.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

In theory I agree but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The pass game would suffer sooner or later with no mix. You have to keep a defense honest by keeping a good balance with pass/run, and coughlin would have no other way. If our o line isn't generating any push we need to figure out a way to generate ground yards whether is be screens, misdirections, stunts, etc.....not just abandon the run.

I'm sure Gilbride will call his favorite draw play a dozen times to keep the opponent D honest.

With the Bucs game, basically it'll come down to Bucs passing game vs. Giants pass defense, whichever plays better will have the victory. As much as how bad our secondary has looked, I still like our chances, I don't think Bucs have that good of an offense, and if Giants defense actually shows up, they'll be lucky to score 10 points while our Elite Eli will have 2 pass TDs.

Bucs 13 - Giants 21

the out come of this game against the Bucks will come down to Eli winning the game with his arm unless the team gets some kind of divine intervention and finally finds a way to block some people to open the run game...