+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pksoze View Post
    Nice Eagles fans...what a bunch of clowns.
    Im on your side!! wow, read through it.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yep and they were 0-1 and in last place in 3 out of our 4 SB winning seasons by losing to division foes all 3 times. Dallas in 86 and 07. Skins in 11. So you will excuse us if we are not that concerned just yet
    If you aren't concerned after the way your team, the so called Superbowl Champs got handled last Wednesday, then I don't know what to tell you. See, my team played like crap and I don't care who knows. I'll be the first to tell you because, unlike your typical Gnats fan, I'm not in denial. The Gnats are going to be exposed for the frauds they are this season. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Wow, and that's only 52 years ago, what an accomplishment!

I'm sure President Eisenhower sent a congratulatory telegram via Pony Express!

Dear God, 52 yrs!!!!! How the hell do you go over 5 decades without winning even once?!?! Sad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Dear God, 52 yrs!!!!! How the hell do you go over 5 decades without winning even once?!?! Sad
    By counting the MANY times we utterly owned the Gnats, that's how.

Quote Originally Posted by HoagieBastage View Post
    The Gnats could threepeat? And you're calling ME delusional? Sorry pal, the Gnats could NEVER get THAT lucky! LOL!
    You know what I meant, nostradumbass.

Thank you for the 1978 "Miracle at the Meadowlands", Herm Edwards, et al. That's what the organization needed to bring in a new GM who drafted Phil Simms immediately and Lawrence Taylor 2 years after that; and they also brought in a new coaching staff that had a guy named Bill Parcells as LB coach.

It's because of Philly that the Giants have won 4 Super Bowls since then.

Without Philly the Giants may still be just another "has-been" franchise with nothing but past glory, like the Browns.

Interesting that Philly's big defeats of the Giants mean so much to the Giants' success but end up accomplishing nothing for the Eagles themselves? Miracle at Meadowlands = team overhaul and the Bill Parcells era; Miracle II = the birth of "FINISH" and a SB win the following year.

And, oh, by the way, the all-time record is 83-75-2 Giants, and the biggest margin of victory is 56-0 Giants.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 09-11-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoagieBastage
    Pretty sure the Giants lead the all-time rivalry on top of winning more super bowls.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

You haven't even won that. We lead you 83-75. EPIC FAIL!! Too bad, you'll just have to find another way to celebrate mediocrity. Wait, here's one: you can count the number of times you and the rest of your delusional fan base got their hopes all pumped up at the beginning of a season only to have them dashed by week 10. I'll bet you guys are the champions of the universe in that.

Well to the Eagles credit in terms of being champions, they were the reigning Offseason Champions until the Jets and Tim Tebow entered the picture. Here is the excerpt:

The New York Jets edged out the Philadelphia Eagles in the Offseason Superbowl where Tim Tebow was MVP recording an unheard of media coverage rating of 98%. Michael Vick, former Offseason MVP, was helpless to gain the attention of the national media as he struggled to create any type of controversy. It was only in the 4th quarter of the offseason game when Eagles owner Jeff Lurie turned the tide by implying that Andy Reid's coaching job may be in jeopardy if they produce yet another disappointing NFL season. Lurie later stated, "I couldn't handle missing the playoffs AGAIN in the regular season, but the thought of losing the Offseason Superbowl was almost unbearable. I just had to somehow stir the pot so the media would stop talking about Tebow and the Jets." Lurie's efforts were futile however, as the New York Jets won the Offseason Superbowl in convincing fashion. With zero Super Bowl wins, a QB one good hit away from the IR, a frustrated head coach who amazingly resembles a walrus, and quite possibly the most despicable and classless fan base in the entire sports world, the Philadelphia Eagles are on the outside looking in, and boy is it cold and lonely out there.

Eagles fans, and more importantly HoagieBastage, just talk solace in the fact that once this season is over that you can once again challenge Tim Tebow and the New York Jets in the Offseason Superbowl once you fire Andy Reid, dismantle the coaching staff, figure out why you paid Michael Vick a buttload of money to spend more time in the hospital than on the field, and evaluate the underachieving way of life that is Philadelphia Eagles football.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    Well to the Eagles credit in terms of being champions, they were the reigning Offseason Champions until the Jets and Tim Tebow entered the picture. Here is the excerpt:

The New York Jets edged out the Philadelphia Eagles in the Offseason Superbowl where Tim Tebow was MVP recording an unheard of media coverage rating of 98%. Michael Vick, former Offseason MVP, was helpless to gain the attention of the national media as he struggled to create any type of controversy. It was only in the 4th quarter of the offseason game when Eagles owner Jeff Lurie turned the tide by implying that Andy Reid's coaching job may be in jeopardy if they produce yet another disappointing NFL season. Lurie later stated, "I couldn't handle missing the playoffs AGAIN in the regular season, but the thought of losing the Offseason Superbowl was almost unbearable. I just had to somehow stir the pot so the media would stop talking about Tebow and the Jets." Lurie's efforts were futile however, as the New York Jets won the Offseason Superbowl in convincing fashion. With zero Super Bowl wins, a QB one good hit away from the IR, a frustrated head coach who amazingly resembles a walrus, and quite possibly the most despicable and classless fan base in the entire sports world, the Philadelphia Eagles are on the outside looking in, and boy is it cold and lonely out there.

Eagles fans, and more importantly HoagieBastage, just talk solace in the fact that once this season is over that you can once again challenge Tim Tebow and the New York Jets in the Offseason Superbowl once you fire Andy Reid, dismantle the coaching staff, figure out why you paid Michael Vick a buttload of money to spend more time in the hospital than on the field, and evaluate the underachieving way of life that is Philadelphia Eagles football.
    +1

If message boards could award a Superbowl, you have just won it.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa