+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Bucs fan hasnt been here longer than a day and he's already Iggles-bashing like a pro. I love it! My hats off to you. As for our game, I think it'll be a close one. Bucs seem to be underrated, I think Schiano will bring success to the organization, the team is hungry and ready to go, Freeman's a solid up & coming QB, and that defense looks pretty stout especially w/ the addition of Barron.

Bench Player
    I feel as if we (Bucs) might struggle significantly against the Giants pass rush. The right side of our line with Trueblood and Larsen was having problems with a inferior Carolina d line. Sully is going to have to get real creative with the protection to slow down the giants rush. Free is no Romo in the sense that both may be considered elusive but in Romos case it's due to having excellent pocket presence which Free hasnt shown that ability much really. He's elusive in the sense that you aren't going to bring him down with hand tackles. I think defensively we match up alright against the Giants receivers. Our rookies (David and Barron) played insane on Sunday but the touchdown we gave up was due to David biting hard on a play action and leaving the right side of the field wide open. If we can minimize the big mistakes we will be fine. I think we're looking at the giants putting up about 20 give or take. To win we need Sully and Free to open it up and not hold back. If we go into conservative mode again with a one score lead we won't win. Can't beat good teams playing scared and I believe in Free and I think he can make plays when given the chance but, if the coaches don't believe in him then they need to get a new QB. My guess based on what I saw from the first games, giants pass rush works our o line like the play basketball at Texas Tech. Free plays well but jus can't get the ball in the end zone enough. 24-16 NYG. Hope I'm wrong and it would be nice to have Benny bake in this game. might swing things in our favor with the already weak giants secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    Bucs fan hasnt been here longer than a day and he's already Iggles-bashing like a pro. I love it! My hats off to you. As for our game, I think it'll be a close one. Bucs seem to be underrated, I think Schiano will bring success to the organization, the team is hungry and ready to go, Freeman's a solid up & coming QB, and that defense looks pretty stout especially w/ the addition of Barron.
    I do hope that I can bring success to this team. I will try very hard. By the way, do you guys have any more hand me down players or coaches? Mike Sullivan, DJ Ware are working out great. Also, we're in the process of collecting players who played at my old school, Rutgers.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by BigSombrero View Post
    I feel as if we (Bucs) might struggle significantly against the Giants pass rush. The right side of our line with Trueblood and Larsen was having problems with a inferior Carolina d line.
    You know your Bucs. That's my biggest concern as well. Larsen resorts to Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu when he can't block.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    You know your Bucs. That's my biggest concern as well. Larsen resorts to Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu when he can't block.
    Haha. Yeah I noticed. They both did a decent job and when we play teams with mediocre d lines I think they will get the job done but playing the best pass rush in the league is going to be rough. But if we can somehow find away to manage it and give Free enough time to get the ball off we have a good chance. He's going to have to spread the ball around though. I don't remember him targeting any other receivers other than V Jax except for the TD pass to Williams. That scares me because my biggest knock on Free is that he doesn't go through progressions. He did do a much better job of not staring down the primary and honestly take away V Jax's drops and we may be talking about Free having an impressive game. Not throwing picks is not enough for me. I want a qb who can make plays and I have seen Free be that guy. I'm hoping Benn is back so we aren forced to field Stroughter or Parker in the slot. It will help create mismatches and take pressure of Williams and V-Jax. But with right side being weak, we might not see many 3 wide sets.

Freeman looked a lot for Williams and Jackson in his progressions. We're used to 3 and 4 WR sets under Olson. (Maybe even 5... dear lord). Sullivan seemed to favor a more crowded line, using a lot of double TE packages. Saw Stocker and Clark out there a lot on Sunday.

Definitely hoping that Benn comes back.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Bench Player
    Tampa has never been a big screen team but I think it would be nice to mix a few in this weekend. Doug Martin is definitely going to get his carries in. Im not sure about how to cover the wideouts. I've always been a huge Talib fan but I'm not as knowledeable about Wrights game. I'm thinking we should have Talib on Cruz to completely shut him down and then focus the coverage on helping Wright with nicks. But again with all the new faces in the se ondary I'm not sure how it works yet.

Freeman looked a lot for Williams and Jackson in his progressions. We're used to 3 and 4 WR sets under Olson. (Maybe even 5... dear lord). Sullivan seemed to favor a more crowded line, using a lot of double TE packages. InSaw Stocker and Clark out there a lot on Sunday.Definitely hoping that Benn comes back.
    Hey with the way you held a really good rushing team to only 10 yards all day, I don't think the giants should even bother trying to run. Lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Hey with the way you held a really good rushing team to only 10 yards all day, I don't think the giants should even bother trying to run. Lol
    Yeah, I agree. I called Tommy up, you know, the Head Coach of the New York Giants, because I'm Greg Schiano, the Head Coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers... and I told him, "Yeah, if you're game planning to run the ball, I wouldn't. It's not a good idea. The Panthers only ran for 10 yards against us."... Thomas laughed and then hung up on me.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Bench Player
    I do hope that I can bring success to this team. I will try very hard. By the way, do you guys have any more hand me down players or coaches? Mike Sullivan, DJ Ware are working out great. Also, we're in the process of collecting players who played at my old school, Rutgers.
    what a great guy you are coach.. Class act