+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

6 days after the loss, still don't know what to think

First, the Cowboys o-line is a shambles -- multiple offsides calls, players out of position, center hurt -- and we have a healthy D-line that ate up the best in the NFL last year in the playoffs. And what happens? They shred us in the last 3 quarters.

Second, DeMarco Murray is caught in the backfield -- and everyone on the D goes to sleep. From the SB champions?

Third, Cruz looks like he's back on the sandlot -- simply clueless. And without a contract extension. What?

Fourth, Eli even looks out of sync -- missing Hixon all alone at the goal line. What is wrong?

How can ALL THESE THINGS happen in the 1st game of the year against a hated rival?

Lastly, most every other team that won this weekend relied heavily on rookies -- but Reuben Randle sits. Claiborne plays big for thre Cowboys, Griffin for the Redskins, even the WR for the Jets has 4 big catches? Don't you get the sense that refusing to play young talent is almost a guaranteed way to lose in this parity league? Did we just luck out last year?

Look -- hopefully this was a fluke -- like the losses agains mediocre teams like Seatlle and the Redskins last year.

But I'm really concerned.

Comments?

We'll be fine lol.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    We'll be fine lol.
    Agreed!!....

Just sac up

Come on -- what was wrong? Why such a lackluster performance? Makes no sense.

Calm down.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

First game jitters....SB celebration....sucks that we lost but we'll be fine. This board loves to panic too early.

I've stopped caring about it. It's nothing we haven't seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Come on -- what was wrong? Why such a lackluster performance? Makes no sense.
    If you're a true Giants fan, it makes perfect sense..

wow just wow. big plays, mistakes, and flukes all happen every game. that murray run, it doesnt matter if we were SB champs or not, just a flukey type thing that happens. sucks. but r u saying that u believe dallas showed how superior they are to us on that run play, like that it was their skill that got them that run, or flukey, blown tackles?
    QBs miss throws every game too. it happens. of the 31 passes eli threw, he missed MAYBE 3? everything else was on the numbers.

I do agree tho, I would have liked to see more Randle, and even more Wilson despite the fumble.

My feelings 6 days later? That we were clearly the better team that first 20 min or so, but with the fumbles, and the dropped passes, like so many times before, it set the stage for mediocrity. we couldnt get out of our own way, combined with 3 or 4 flukey, big plays for Dallas (the murray run, the 1rst and 30 TD, the no call on the holding on Cruz on 3rd and goal) and Dallas won. I am pissed with the lack of Osi and Tuck too, but thats something that will rectify itself. We had beaten Dallas, what 5 in a row or 5 of the last 6? sometimes teams are just due too.

I fully expect a dominant performance vs TB