+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation NY Giants Fan Flag Challange Winner

A few months ago I saw a contest on NFL.com for the NFL Fan Flag Challenge.

I took a few minutes to come up with a simple design that takes homage to the history of our team. After two months I was informed that I won this contest.

For some reason the Giants and the NY media have not advertised my winning entry as did some of the other cities. I only found one article on the Internet that shows my winning entry: http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...storyid=336689 I also attached the photo to this post.

So I am writing this post to share this flag with my fellow Giants fans. This was meant to be shared with everyone. Enjoy!

The prize for winning the contest was a trip to NY, but I already live in the area. I declined the hotel and plane travel and spent most of last Wednesday in the city immersed in the world of the NFL. I got to meet with Roger Goodell, Gale Sayers, Chad Pennington, and Willie Road in a fan forum, and I got to walk along side Antonio Pierce at Rockefeller Plaza, along with meeting other NFL greats such as former Giant Kieth Bullock, Alge Crumpler, Will Shields, Shaun Alexander, and others. It was a truly amazing day. I also got a Jersey and a copy of my flag, and tickets to the game, which strangely enough were only 20 feet away from where my seats are (I am a season ticket holder). So I also got to spend the game with my family and friends who I gave my tickets to.

Later today, I am mailing out a letter to John Mara thanking him for selecting my entry as a winner, as the teams were the ones to select a winner (the NFL told me that ownership was directly involved in picking most winners).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran
    wow thats awesome. Congrats was roger goodell a nice guy? Idk why but it seems like a front on tv lol

Great Job!!! IS the flag for sale anywhere? I looked at the article and it seems that the fans designs are way better than what the NFL puts out. I hope you copywrited that design!!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by chizz View Post
    wow thats awesome. Congrats was roger goodell a nice guy? Idk why but it seems like a front on tv lol
    Roger Goodell was awesome. He is bigger than I thought he would be, nearly as big and as strong as the NFL players. Nice grip on his handshake.

He was very knowledgeable. Most of the winners asked him questions and he was on the ball with answers to all of them. I personally really like what he has done.

I'll tell you this though.... Gale Sayer was totally awesome. I was almost ready to suit up and hit someone after hearing him talk for a few minutes. Full of passion and integrity. I was really impressed with Gale.
    Giants Pride Runs Deep

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Great Job!!! IS the flag for sale anywhere? I looked at the article and it seems that the fans designs are way better than what the NFL puts out. I hope you copywrited that design!!
    The NFL told me the flag is not for sale. You can start a social media campaign to get it sold.... I am all in favor. I would love for this flag to be flown once at Metlife Stadium. Fans from other teams were contacted by their owners while they were at Rockefeller Center and invited to opening day ceremonies to display their flags, but I heard nothing so far.

The rules of the contest were that I give up all copyrights to the NFL. I have no problem with that. I am just happy to have played my small part.
    Giants Pride Runs Deep

Quotes from Roger at the Fan Forum I attended

Interesting article about what was said during the fan forum:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...per-tix256677/
    Giants Pride Runs Deep