+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Has this team become Eli-dependent too much?

The defense showed up in the playoffs but not in the regular season, and looks like it's the same thing so far this season, Eli had an ok game and they lose, it takes Eli's best effort now to win games it seems and that's just not fair to Eli because he's not going to play at his best all the time and when that happens the rest of the team has to pick up the slack, and there's no indication whatsoever that they can do that.

When I saw how the Eagles pulled out a win even with a horrendous play by Vick, I said to maself, "If that were the Giants playing, the Browns probably got a blow out win against us..." I can't even imagine Giants winning a game with Eli throwing 5 INTs.

So the question becomes, has this team become way too dependent on Eli? I think it has, because Eli is covering up a lot of holes this team has. I really hope Eli the Elite will show up on every game and light it up because it looks like that's what it's going to take for the Giants to have a winning season.

Is it too much to ask Eli to carry the team and win 10 games every year like Peyton has? I don't know about that because Eli is not like Peyton where he's not going 100mph all the time like Peyton does.

The FO has to take some blame for neglecting the poor OL and not doing anything about it in the off-season by relying on Eli again.

As for the defense, I think they'll bounce back, but wow Fewell needs to do better in adjusting to the game, 2nd half vs. Dallas was just pitiful. Romo read our defense like a book.

Last year 2/3 of the 9 wins were Eli comebacks, as were the NFC CG and SB. The answer is yes, this team needs Eli or else it's trouble.

When you have the last ranked running game in the league and still win the Super Bowl and an O-line this year that can't open up hole for a midget you need to be Eli dependant.......they should be more Eli dependant......use the pass to setup the run not vice versa......

I think we need to be more dependent on Eli from the start of the game then we can be ahead of teams and Eli doesn't have to pull magic out of his a** at the end of games and we can run the ball at the end of games to put teams away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I think we need to be more dependent on Eli from the start of the game then we can be ahead of teams and Eli doesn't have to pull magic out of his a** at the end of games and we can run the ball at the end of games to put teams away.
    +1 start out in the 2 min drill at the beginning of the game for a change. Get up 21 points in 1st quarter & then release the crackons. End of story.

this is football

you depend on quarterbacks and pass rushers

Bottom line. Our offensive line is terrible and our defense while talented is infected by lazy slackers who pick and choose which downs and which games they're gonna show up for. So Eli is gonna have to play out of his mind plain and simple.

Can't blame injuries forever.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    this is football

you depend on quarterbacks and pass rushers
    Totally agree.

This team is about giving Eli weapons, and sacking the opposing QB.

So far, it's worked for 2 super bowls.

But anyone expecting the return of Rob Carpenter will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Bottom line. Our offensive line is terrible and our defense while talented is infected by lazy slackers who pick and choose which downs and which games they're gonna show up for. So Eli is gonna have to play out of his mind plain and simple.

Can't blame injuries forever.
    I think last week was more about getting too cute (intentionally rushing inside) than just doing what the Giants do best.

Osi and JPP should be blowing by people on the outside, and the linebackers and DT should be minding the gaps.

That didn't happen.....instead, we had Romo rolling out all over the place, our passrushers clogging the middle, and Chase Blackburn waiting 5 yards beyond scrimmage waiting for running backs to jump into his arms.

But I agree....it's on Eli and the receivers. Really, that's always been how the Giants beat the Cowboys. Last week, Cruz played an awful game, and Nicks probably should have been on the bench in favor of a healthier WR.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 09-11-2012 at 03:09 PM.