+ Reply to Thread

Pondering Head Coaching Changes NFC East

Giants could
    Skins won't
    Eagles might
    Dallas "definite" maybe: The "No Timeout" and all those losses in JJ's new stadium vs the Giants. How much is Jerry supposed to take especially with the TV camera's in his face while in the booth. JJ would hire TC in NY minute
    Also, Belechec stunk-out at his 1st HC job with Cleveland and is now rated the best. Spags is on his way to stinking out with Rams in his 1st HC job, so never rule anybody out, same goes for Del Rio

Re: Pondering Head Coaching Changes NFC East

Hate to break it to you, but Garrett is only on one end of the Giants games in Dallas. He's 1-1 so far head to head with the Giants.

Secondly, Jerry's not one to make snap decisions, contrary to popular belief. He gave Campo 3 years, I think he'll give Garrett the same amount of time barring a meltdown season next year.

[quote user="Red Dog"]Giants could
    Skins won't
    Eagles might
    Dallas "definite" maybe: The "No Timeout" and all those losses in JJ's new stadium vs the Giants. How much is Jerry supposed to take especially with the TV camera's in his face while in the booth. JJ would hire TC in NY minute
    Also, Belechec stunk-out at his 1st HC job with Cleveland and is now rated the best. Spags is on his way to stinking out with Rams in his 1st HC job, so never rule anybody out, same goes for Del Rio[/quote]

Giants will not. Dallas will not. Eagles likely not. Skins maybe.

[quote user="JimC"][quote user="Red Dog"]Giants could
    Skins won't
    Eagles might
    Also, Belechec stunk-out at his 1st HC job with Cleveland and is now rated the best. Spags is on his way to stinking out with Rams in his 1st HC job, so never rule anybody out, same goes for Del Rio[/quote]

Giants will not. Dallas will not. Eagles likely not. Skins maybe.
    [/quote]

Very likely
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran

I understand your reasoning, but I'm also thinking Campo would have had a shorter hook in Jerry's new digs.

I think Jones would make the switch for the right guy....he wants a winning team in his big new stadium.

[quote user="JMFP2"]I understand your reasoning, but I'm also thinking Campo would have had a shorter hook in Jerry's new digs.

I think Jones would make the switch for the right guy....he wants a winning team in his big new stadium.[/quote]

I don't think it's about the stadium. I think it's about the level of talent that Campo's guys had vs the talent we have now. Granted we're not a top tier team in terms of talent, but it's better, younger than the 90s 'boys. That would be the reason why Campo had longer than Garrett potentially has.

Also, like Garrett, Campo was also an inside hire (secondary coach 89-94, d coordinator 95-99). And I think Jerry really wants to Garrett to do well and succeed.

And then there's the whole aspect of Jerry trying to not repeat mistakes (think picking Dez Bryant in the first because he missed on Randy Moss in 96... very similar situations). I think Jerry pictures Garrett as the next Sean Payton.